Cartier Love Stacked with Chaumet Bee My Love Bracelet

May i ask, in your opinion, which bracelet scratches in a more elegant or acceptable way?

I m now debating btw Cartier Love cuff with 1 diamond or the Chaumet BML YG plain bracelet.. my concern is the chaumel bml doesnt hold its value and if i shld get tired and wish to sell one day, i will be in a pinch

May i ask, in your opinion, which bracelet scratches in a more elegant or acceptable way?

I m now debating btw Cartier Love cuff with 1 diamond or the Chaumet BML YG plain bracelet.. my concern is the chaumel bml doesnt hold its value and if i shld get tired and wish to sell one day, i will be in a pinch
IMO, Love will show more scratches due to its flat surface and not to mention it has thicker width. Any “flaw” will show more. But people call it patina. So depends how you look at it.

I feel BML will show less wear.

Resale value, Cartier and VCA still do better than Chaumet. But won’t be at the bottom of the list (like Hermes generally). If this is something that keeps one wary, then I think there’s no joy in wearing one.

I know it’s a tough choice! I too try to look beyond resale value.

Since you like both, maybe try a Cartier first? It’s my most fav jewelry brand.

Reactions: sassification
IMO, Love will show more scratches due to its flat surface and not to mention it has thicker width. Any “flaw” will show more. But people call it patina. So depends how you look at it.

I feel BML will show less wear.

Resale value, Cartier and VCA still do better than Chaumet. But won’t be at the bottom of the list (like Hermes generally). If this is something that keeps one wary, then I think there’s no joy in wearing one.

I know it’s a tough choice! I too try to look beyond resale value.

Since you like both, maybe try a Cartier first? It’s my most fav jewelry brand.

Thank you for ur reply, i have always stuck to VCA first, Cartier is my 2nd choice. I have some coc crush rings and hermes jewellery for variety. Although i do regret buying the last 2 brands because it is next to impossible to sell off..

I even considered the VCA perlee bracelet signature , but the obvious fingerprint marks drive me mad.

The cartier 1 diamond love cuff is really growing on me, but I also suspect Chaumet BML will show less wear due to the honeycomb design! And that is like a big win over Cartier love already. I just feel that chaumet priced theirs too high for the amount of gold in the product and Cartier is a more "rationale" and value for money choice with better resale.

But ultimately, the chaumet BML design is making mt heart sing. I will try to go to the store next week to give both a try!

Here is a close up of the scratches on my 2yo yellow gold BML against my 1yo Love. I don’t baby my jewellery: I wear the love everyday sleep/shower/beach etc and the BML maybe 3-4 times per week. Have slept swam and showered in the BML. I always wear them together and was worried the sharper edges of the BML would wear but they haven’t so far. Personally I love the patina (scratches) on my jewellery it suits my style rather than shiny pieces. I got my love and trinity ring polished the other day and they looked too sparkly! Besides scratched or not I find 18k yellow gold pops really nicely against my skin. But appreciate everyone has different taste :smile:

I love the BML. I love the way it sparkles in the sunlight. I was worried about the clasp opening and closing often but it still works as brand new. It is a slightly different shape to the love and sits better sized down against a love. I have an 18 love and a 165 BML

I don’t think the BML will hold its value as much as the Love and would probably take longer to sell. Its just not as in demand or classic. I would go for the one you love most but if resale value is a deciding factor it’s the Love

Hope that helps!

D2989777-AECB-44D2-8BC2-EAFC03DEFCD8.jpeg

BAA90D9A-9E69-4E32-9D67-6CA19A66D473.jpeg

96197910-8CEE-409A-89B2-D896AAC57AA8.jpeg

This is the other variation of the BML stacked with Love (in case someone might be curious). The pink of the BML is very soft against Cartier YG.

But then I won’t stacked this way because the BML goes all places over and under the Love, just like my VCA soft chain bracelet. It drives me nuts.

So this stack pic is purely for reference only and highly not recommended lol.

B30A8EF3-E2E3-40BB-B649-E53BDA7B80DE.jpeg

Did an impromptu Chaumet pop-by (I only had a short time ; Cartier was few doors away. But only had time to visit one).

SA has confirmed coming price increase in March. Sounds like at least 5%.

150 bangle matches Love 16 (not fully flushed but close enough not to overlap). I think it’s always true to just go one size down for BML from Love.

View attachment 5717360
View attachment 5717361View attachment 5717362View attachment 5717363
Were these rose gold BML for the plain bangle and the intermittant diamond bangle? I love how soft the rg looks, if it is-- not a super pinky color.

Were these rose gold BML for the plain bangle and the intermittant diamond bangle? I love how soft the rg looks, if it is-- not a super pinky color.
I believe yes those are all RG IIRC (against my soft chain bracelet which is also RG). My cartier and vca are YG. Indeed chaumet makes the prettiest RG and it’s very subtle (if you don’t like overly pink/coppery).