Cartier love bracelet. Help!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. There are definitely fakes you can buy with 18k gold from china and russia now so there's just no way to know except with papers and a trusted friend to buy from - or else the gold standard - the store.

madamelizaking likes this.
  2. But even the papers are counterfeit! It is very scary out there.

3. Yes! That’s what I thought too, my theory is that someone made a cartier replica of white gold? As I just took it to another jeweler, and they say it’s 18K Gold but of course can’t tell me if it’s made by Cartier. Crazy. But for the price I got it, might just sell it for melt value of it’s white gold. Just going to keep the rings I guess for now!

4. THIS. The good counterfeiters will take a known serial number from a matching bracelet and use that on the counterfeits. I am fairly positive this is one of those mirror image fakes. The fact that the same serial number is showing up on stock photos is very disturbing to me.

5. I agree, I purchased an older Love from a very reputable source, it has cursive one side along with the serial number and Cartier in capitals the other side. A local jeweller told me they never do that which scared me a bit, but several people on here told me their boutique bought loves had exactly the same and Cartier engraved it for me so they clearly didn’t think it was an issue. I do think spotting the exact serial number elsewhere is deeply suspicious though.

Happyish likes this.
  6. Based on those tacky nails alone I would say fake :lol::lol::lol:

simpleplan likes this.
  7. The diamonds in the first pic are very yellow.. not what I would expect from Cartier. And screwdriver looks suspect.

simpleplan likes this.
  8. Don't wander in to the "show your engagement ring" thread, you'd be horrified...
    All those carats and your cuticles look a mess :cool:

KSweet101 likes this.
  9. I'm sorry to say this is a fake made with real gold.

Whoever made the fake copied the standard stock image engravings which all had RE 1840 years ago (purseblog post with that number in 2013).

I hope you didn't pay too much for it!

Attached Files:

10. Cartier website circa 2014

Attached Files:

Happyish likes this.
  11. A jewelry store isn’t a reliable source of authenticating. The most they can tell you is that f the bracelet s real gold or not. But counterfeiters use real gold also, so that’s pretty much useless.

12. you should definitely ask for a certificate!

13. A certificate is even easier to counterfeit than the bracelet. It won't help to authenticate, but if fake, it would prove intent to deceive.

14. yeah... true... I think you are right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice