Cartier love bracelet. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. My thought exactly. Serial numbers are supposed to be unique!
Yes! That’s what I thought too, my theory is that someone made a cartier replica of white gold? As I just took it to another jeweler, and they say it’s 18K Gold but of course can’t tell me if it’s made by Cartier. Crazy. But for the price I got it, might just sell it for melt value of it’s white gold. Just going to keep the rings I guess for now!

Thank you. My thought exactly. Serial numbers are supposed to be unique!
THIS. The good counterfeiters will take a known serial number from a matching bracelet and use that on the counterfeits. I am fairly positive this is one of those mirror image fakes. The fact that the same serial number is showing up on stock photos is very disturbing to me.

Brilliance Jewels is completely wrong. There was a period of time-perhaps 80's? 90's? when Cartier was marking the Love bracelets and other jewelry and marking it in all Caps. (I know it's a little blurry, but please see the first two photos.) I have several pieces, all authentic, with this kind of lettering.
Any jeweler worth his salt, will tell you that the difficulty in authenticating Cartier, is that there has been NO consistency in the markings, either in the font, placement and the type of identifying information provided-- all will say Cartier, have a serial number, but they way they do so, and other info provided such as Cartier NY, Cartier France, and other makers marks can differ. The jewelry below is all authentic. As you can see, the markings are all different.
One thing about counterfeiters, they're not copying the older style of markings--they're copying the new marks and the new marks are not stamped (such as the third photo), instead they're laser inscribed.
I agree, I purchased an older Love from a very reputable source, it has cursive one side along with the serial number and Cartier in capitals the other side. A local jeweller told me they never do that which scared me a bit, but several people on here told me their boutique bought loves had exactly the same and Cartier engraved it for me so they clearly didn’t think it was an issue. I do think spotting the exact serial number elsewhere is deeply suspicious though.

I'm sorry to say this is a fake made with real gold.

Whoever made the fake copied the standard stock image engravings which all had RE 1840 years ago (purseblog post with that number in 2013).

I hope you didn't pay too much for it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.24 PM.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.40.38 PM.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.42.22 PM.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 371
Reactions: GaMomJRM
A jewelry store isn’t a reliable source of authenticating. The most they can tell you is that f the bracelet s real gold or not. But counterfeiters use real gold also, so that’s pretty much useless.

Reactions: GaMomJRM
Status
Not open for further replies.