Cartier love bracelet. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You_3500

Feb 12, 2019
Hello all,
I lost my cartier on a trip to Mexico unfortunately, long story but I found someone selling one in my city. They say it’s authentic, white gold with diamonds. They’ve sold Rolex’s with good reviews so seems reputable? Only one pic posted, can anyone somehow see if there are any red flags in the pic?

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• F0D11C9D-603A-4C37-BE08-C21943B66A56.jpeg
    F0D11C9D-603A-4C37-BE08-C21943B66A56.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,039
I'm sorry, but that's literally the only picture they could take? When you're talking about such a high-priced item, the seller should take the time to take pics of the bracelet at several angles. Also, ask if it comes with the authenticity card/certificate, box, receipt, etc. It looks okay to me from the one photo, but TBH it's NOT a good photo and I wouldn't feel confident just from that ONE photo.

I'm sorry, but that's literally the only picture they could take? When you're talking about such a high-priced item, the seller should take the time to take pics of the bracelet at several angles. Also, ask if it comes with the authenticity card/certificate, box, receipt, etc. It looks okay to me from the one photo, but TBH it's NOT a good photo and I wouldn't feel confident just from that ONE photo.
Hi thanks for the reply! I agree, I am going to meet the seller tomorrow to authenticate at a jewelry store, Cartier is also right across the street!

Reactions: jimmie staton
If they're comfortable taking it into Cartier then I'd feel a whole lot better about the transaction. And if you do decide to buy, please, please, please, don't pay with cash; use PayPal and make sure the payment method is a credit card. That way if there's any problem you have two ways to dispute; with PayPal and if, for some reason they can't help, you also have protection through your credit card company.

If they're comfortable taking it into Cartier then I'd feel a whole lot better about the transaction. And if you do decide to buy, please, please, please, don't pay with cash; use PayPal and make sure the payment method is a credit card. That way if there's any problem you have two ways to dispute; with PayPal and if, for some reason they can't help, you also have protection through your credit card company.
Thanks for the tip! Will definitely pay with PayPal then if it is authentic as they claim. Do you notice any inconsistencies based on the one image? I tried googling the serial but nothing came up.

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely pay with PayPal then if it is authentic as they claim. Do you notice any inconsistencies based on the one image? I tried googling the serial but nothing came up.
The serial numbers are private. The only way to determine authenticity is to have Cartier run the numbers through their system. However, that will only tell you if the numbers correspond to a Love bracelet w this number of diamonds, not whether the bracelet is authentic.

Counterfeiters are sophisticated; they will take a number from an identical bracelet so running the serial number will only tell you part of what you need to determine. Regarding authenticity, Cartier should be able to know if the workmanship on this bracelet is characteristic of authentic Cartier--but even then, it may only reflect that it's a good copy. Further, I don't know if they'll give you an opinion off-the-cuff.

As one of the other members said, I'd be very suspicious about a seller who only posts one photo of a bracelet of this value. What are they trying to hide? Further, the photo posted may not even be a photo of this bracelet, it could be a photo from another listing.

The question to ask yourself is how much are you willing to risk? We all want a bargain (me too), but I've found out the hard way that if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

If it's fake and you have no recourse, can you absorb and accept the loss?

Hi thanks for the reply! I agree, I am going to meet the seller tomorrow to authenticate at a jewelry store, Cartier is also right across the street!

I don't see how a random jewellery store will be able to tell whether it's fake; take it to Cartier if anything. Having said that, this bracelet is clearly counterfeit so I'm somewhat curious as to how the seller plans to convince you otherwise :coolio:

I literally just googled the serial number and these images came up! I would be very very wary..View attachment 4340158View attachment 4340159
Brilliance Jewels is completely wrong. There was a period of time-perhaps 80's? 90's? when Cartier was marking the Love bracelets and other jewelry and marking it in all Caps. (I know it's a little blurry, but please see the first two photos.) I have several pieces, all authentic, with this kind of lettering.
Any jeweler worth his salt, will tell you that the difficulty in authenticating Cartier, is that there has been NO consistency in the markings, either in the font, placement and the type of identifying information provided-- all will say Cartier, have a serial number, but they way they do so, and other info provided such as Cartier NY, Cartier France, and other makers marks can differ. The jewelry below is all authentic. As you can see, the markings are all different.
One thing about counterfeiters, they're not copying the older style of markings--they're copying the new marks and the new marks are not stamped (such as the third photo), instead they're laser inscribed.

Attachments

• cartierlovebraceletwg16333.jpg
    cartierlovebraceletwg16333.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 750
  • cartierlovebraceletwg16444.jpg
    cartierlovebraceletwg16444.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 750
  • cartierlovebraceletwg16777.jpg
    cartierlovebraceletwg16777.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 755
  • A1CAD899-11AC-4571-BD7E-240ADF8A8CED_500x375.jpg
    A1CAD899-11AC-4571-BD7E-240ADF8A8CED_500x375.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 755
  • S2107400101660_08.jpg
    S2107400101660_08.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 752
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 9.30.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 9.30.31 AM.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 743
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 746
Brilliance Jewels is completely wrong. There was a period of time-perhaps 80's? 90's? when Cartier was marking the Love bracelets and other jewelry and marking it in all Caps. (I know it's a little blurry, but please see the first two photos.) I have several pieces, all authentic, with this kind of lettering.
Any jeweler worth his salt, will tell you that the difficulty in authenticating Cartier, is that there has been NO consistency in the markings, either in the font, placement and the type of identifying information provided-- all will say Cartier, have a serial number, but they way they do so, and other info provided such as Cartier NY, Cartier France, and other makers marks can differ. The jewelry below is all authentic. As you can see, the markings are all different.
One thing about counterfeiters, they're not copying the older style of markings--they're copying the new marks and the new marks are not stamped (such as the third photo), instead they're laser inscribed.

I completely agree Happyish
For me it’s not about the markings but the fact that the same serial number as the original posters piece appears on multiple websites

I completely agree Happyish
For me it’s not about the markings but the fact that the same serial number as the original posters piece appears on multiple websites
Hey guys! Thanks for your input!! I went ahead and went to a jewelry store with her. They tested and checked it’s 18K white gold. Phew. At least it’s white gold, hopefully manufactured by Cartier. Also the serial you checked, for some reason it appears on a website identifying fake and real carrier, that one is used a real reference, I believe they took the image from the Cartier website. What do you guys think, looks nice next to my Hermes band. I also got papers and the box. Took it to Cartier and was trying on rings at the store. Looked identical.

Attachments

• 7F5A720E-C3FB-45C3-9B0B-C3B2D2D7EFCD.jpeg
    7F5A720E-C3FB-45C3-9B0B-C3B2D2D7EFCD.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 727
  • CF39FBB9-A40E-4514-95CC-8097DAC2B502.jpeg
    CF39FBB9-A40E-4514-95CC-8097DAC2B502.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 741
Reactions: GaMomJRM and missyb
Status
Not open for further replies.