Cartier in Paris

Oh really? I read here about someone getting a bracelet in London Heathrow but that was a few years ago if I remember right. Ugh I would really be sad if they only do watches now..
Last time I was in CDG airport was 2 summers ago. I was in terminal E I think and they only had watches. I hope I’m wrong! As the previous poster suggested the best is to call them directly and ask. And please let us know :smile:

They sell jewelry and at the time the price was slightly more expensive than the USA. ( this was in June 2021 before the price increase.) I assume now it’s either almost the same price or slightly cheaper in CDG.
Thanks you! How about the tax free part though? Does anybody know how much you save?

Hi All!

I’ll be in Paris this summer and will have a budget of $3k to play with at Cartier (not my only stop ). is that even possible for bracelets or necklaces? I’ll also be in London and Rome if there is a better location than Paris. Extra thanks if you can IM me a kind SA you recommend. Thanks/Merci/Grazie!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Paris, London, and Rome sound like so much fun! In my somewhat inexperienced opinion, cartier used to be cheapest in Paris. Bulgari, best priced in Rome. i don’t know how much cheaper or if prices have somewhat harmonized globally. The premier brands typically have a wide array of prices, like rings, earrings and pendant style necklaces

UK no longer gives VAT back if that is a consideration.

Reactions: lill_canele
Paris, London, and Rome sound like so much fun! In my somewhat inexperienced opinion, cartier used to be cheapest in Paris. Bulgari, best priced in Rome. i don’t know how much cheaper or if prices have somewhat harmonized globally. The premier brands typically have a wide array of prices, like rings, earrings and pendant style necklaces

UK no longer gives VAT back if that is a consideration.
Hi 880!
I‘m not sure about the globalization of prices either any more. Us OGs used to have a handle on it but it’s been quite a bit since I looked into it. Thankfully, we’re going into London but home via Rome so the UK VAT won’t be a bother. Good to see you again!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
I went to the Cartier for the Air France on my way back from visiting family in France to going to NYC.

This may be different but had a great experience but that’s given that my mom and I spoke only in French in the SAs.

Reactions: miisc
I’m going to Paris this summer, end of July, and I wanted to buy my first Panthere watch there. Does anyone know if there are currently any long lines to get into the Cartier stores? I know it will only get more busy in the summer time. Crossing my fingers I can snag a watch there, would be such a nice souvenir:smile:

Reactions: maison.de.luxe
Are you US based? TBH, the stress (my opinion only) of going through customs with something well over your allowance (unless you are a family of 6 or more) is not worth it as the cost savings are not always that great. Having said that, if you come from a state with a high sales tax, it may be worth it as the cost of paying extra customs duty isn't always that painful. It also can take a lot of time, so that is something to keep in mind if your time is limited. The rue de la Paix is spectacular, but you may get better service or quicker service somewhere smaller.

I travel to Europe four times a year and even with nothing to declare, I get antsy.

-e

Are you US based? TBH, the stress (my opinion only) of going through customs with something well over your allowance (unless you are a family of 6 or more) is not worth it as the cost savings are not always that great. Having said that, if you come from a state with a high sales tax, it may be worth it as the cost of paying extra customs duty isn't always that painful. It also can take a lot of time, so that is something to keep in mind if your time is limited. The rue de la Paix is spectacular, but you may get better service or quicker service somewhere smaller.

I travel to Europe four times a year and even with nothing to declare, I get antsy.

-e
I can second this. After paying customs you're not saving much if anything at all. Especially with all the increases they have been having the past three years. There is probably no savings to buy there now.

You can easily make an appointment on the website for your visit, then you don't have to wait. It's not like Hermès appointments, you just pick the store you want and there are plenty of slots if you decide a couple of weeks in advance.

Reactions: maison.de.luxe