Caring for Totally Turnlock

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Let's talk about how you care for your Marc by MJ Totally Turnlock pieces. I just got one (new post later) for my b-day :yahoo: and I just noticed there is a dark smuggy looking mark on it that wasn't there this morning. :crybaby: In fact it wasn't there 10 mins ago. Could it be water? The bag is red FYI. Do you think I should wait a few hours to see if it dries?
    I realize I am being paranoid, but I just got the bag and am sick at the thought of it being ruined so soon.
    So, what's a girl to do?
    And, how do you protect/care for your turnlocks?
    Thanks all.

2. If you think you got your bag wet... the wet marks go away.

I have the firebird, and i got caught in the rain with mine, got lots of rain drops on it... no stains now.

3. Lovin My Bags Leather Care for Handbags makes a protectant specifically for that type of "naked leather". i have it but haven't yet used it on my firebird teri bowler. small company, nice to deal with, barbara is happy to answer questions. i used the protectant on my LV handles, so far so good.

4. Thanks for the responses. I read that thread but wanted to know if anyone with the turnlock bags had tried it and had negative results, which was not 100% clear in the posts. It seems like a delicate bag to use on a regular basis so the input is nice.
    I was just freaking out because it was only the 3rd day I had it and have been EXTRA careful about having clean hands when picking it up. It's like a baby--you are kinda afaid to handle it too rough! Extreme comparison I know, by my Marcs are my babies.

5. Yes...I am interested in the care and feeding of this bag, too, as I just posted a few minutes earlier about wondering about the weight of this bag. I love it.

6. Sorry, I don't have any answers. I've never treated any of my bags. I recently purchased the turnlock teri. I haven't seen it yet though since I left for vacation after ordering it online, ugh, lol. I have some of the ugg water & stain repellent spray left over from my boots and was wondering if anyone knew if this would be a mistake to try and use on my bag. Thanks!

7. **Nevermind, I just found a site that said:

"Use only on soft sheepskin or suede (do not use on leather or fur)"

8. I put "shining monkey" brand leather protector on my Teri Turnlock. After two months, still looks/feels great.

9. The MbyMJ turnlock bag is my casual weekend, knockabout bag. I wouldn't worry about babying it.

10. I have a black Teri Turnlock bag and I've used it almost every day for a few months. Maybe it is the color, even being rained on, it has held up well.

11. I'm finally home and picked up my bag from the post office. I absolutely LOVE it and the blue is amazing! I had ordered the Apple Rain and Stain Repellent, but from what everyone has said, I may not use it. I think I'll test it out on the Dylan Cross-Body first. Attached is a picture... sorry the quality is so poor (I used my cell). The Teri is the Carbon Blue and the Dylan is in the Moss color.
    [​IMG]

12. Hello to the Shallow Fellowship ! This picture makes me so jealous. I am desperately trying to locate a Totally Turnlock Teri in black but it seems to be sold out everywhere. I need help. And to think that I had one in my hand a month ago......Why oh why did I hesitate? Help!

13. Saw a totally turnlock teri in black at Saks Beverly Hills few days ago. Call them and see if it still there. The one I saw was on the 5th floor.

Saks Beverly Hills
    310-275-4211

14. I actually just got a black one. I had the blue one, but when I purchased it from Zappos, I filled in my email info to be notified if a black one became available. I hadn't used my blue one yet because I was waiting for the Apple Rain and Stain Repellent to arrive. I got the email 2 days ago that one was available. I ended up exchanging the blue for the black. Don't get me wrong the blue is an amazing color, but I thought about it and I actually wear a lot of blue, so I thought having a blue bag was kind of silly. (wow, sorry this is getting to be a long post, lol) Anyway, the black one came today, as did the spray, so I will let you guys know if they spray helps at all in wet weather, etc. And to **My Life in my Hand** I would just add your contact info to Zappos as well as call around. Good luck to you!

15. Saw a totally turnlock teri in black yesterday in San Francisco at Bloomingdales on Market St. - Westfield Shopping Center.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice