Care for leather on a Muse?

Alana1981

O.G.
Mar 16, 2006
I apologize if this question has been posted before but I was wondering how best I should care for my new Muse? Should I put some sort of leather protectant on it right away, or wait til it is a little bit older? I have no idea. If so, what products do you recommend? Can they be bought in Canada?

1. there are some great leather care wipes. these give the bag some shine. i do this first.

2. mink oil is great. i just rub it on and buff it till smooth, leave overnight. good to do once very couple of weeks.

3. there are also some waterproof sprays but they will stiff the bag a bit, but helps with the rain, won't blister the leather.

i tend to do this with all my bags, either all 3 step by step or any one particular treatment. leather is like skin, once you relate to your bag you will know what it needs. :smile:

1. there are some great leather care wipes. these give the bag some shine. i do this first.

2. mink oil is great. i just rub it on and buff it till smooth, leave overnight. good to do once very couple of weeks.

3. there are also some waterproof sprays but they will stiff the bag a bit, but helps with the rain, won't blister the leather.

i tend to do this with all my bags, either all 3 step by step or any one particular treatment. leather is like skin, once you relate to your bag you will know what it needs. :smile:

sorry to get a little ot but where can i find mink oil?

Be careful when using mink oil. Per LeatherStuff.com:

“Use of mink oil or other animal fats will darken leather. Animal fat can also turn rancid, causing the stitching and leather to rot.”

thanks for the info! hmmm i don't know if i want to chance it, i love the color of my muse II and i find that the other apple guard stuff works great.

I wore my berry colored muse for the first time this past Saturday and got stuck in the rain. There are now these awful water spots on the bag. Is there anything I can do to make them go away?