Care for an ivory chloe pddington - is it a nightmare?

isadora

1 more new bag pls!
O.G.
Apr 4, 2006
hello ladies,

i'm new to chloe, and i'm looking to buy an ivory chloe paddington.
can i chk how the leather holds up? is there a problem with darkening of handles and is it hard to clean?

i chked the SA and she said there's no need for any leather spray etc on the bag.

before i take the plunge, can girls with a white/ light coloured paddy share ur experiences with me?

thanks!!!

hello ladies,

i'm new to chloe, and i'm looking to buy an ivory chloe paddington.
can i chk how the leather holds up? is there a problem with darkening of handles and is it hard to clean?

i chked the SA and she said there's no need for any leather spray etc on the bag.

before i take the plunge, can girls with a white/ light coloured paddy share ur experiences with me?

thanks!!!

I really don't think you are going to have a problem... Unless it is a larger bag and going to rub up against dark denim - that seems to be the hardest thing to get off lighter leather - regardless of brand.

Chloe Paddington leather is easily cleaned with leather cleaner, most dirty will come off - with the exception of ball point pen, denim rub and worse!

Everyday wear should be fine.

thanks v much, daisyrockierosie and rere! :smile: i've got my chloe, and i'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays pristine!!! i'm really worried abt the handles, cos they get the most handling!

Maybe avoid skin contact on the handles since natural body oils are the culprit for darkening. I don't mean wear gloves all the time - LOL - but if it worries you I would wear longer sleeves for the crook of your arm?

i will def watch out for jeans/ denim col tf, and corner rubbings, thanks for the tip gals!

enshogirl - i read in another thread that there's a leather cpr conditioner that works v well for taking stains out. maybe you'd like to do a search for that?

susieserb - LOL! i'm so paranoid, i feel like i do need to wear gloves! mabbe it's time to shop for more long sleeves tops! hehe!

i got the ecru ivory capsule paddington and guess wat i used....................the leather protector from wilson and it has been protecting my bag from water stains and dirt! this one should help.

I have my blanc paddy since 06. it is still perfect.

chloe leather hold up pretty well. No darken handle at all.
for the rub corner, I think no matter what color you got, you will have to take extra care with it.