Capsule-ish wardrobe anyone?

about 15 well-tailored jackets in colors ranging from neutral to yummy.

I love that description!

Your closet sounds very organized and made me want to live in New England. In Texas, we get about 2 week of spring, then it's hot. But, the trade off is our mild winters, which I suppose I prefer, even though the love the idea of beautiful white fluffy snow.

I think if i had a work wardrobe, it would have to be its own capsule, like you've done. I have been out of the workforce for 16 years, though teaching yoga for 10, so I'm definitely in a different place. The gal whose lead I've followed is a writer working out of her home, with a toddler, and she lives in Southern CA. Her method is closer to mine due to climate and lifestyle. She has only 14 items in her wardrobe right now, I think, plus her extras, like layering pieces.

Thanks for taking the time to share how you do things. It's beneficial to see how other people are mindfully living. Before, I was mindlessly shopping. And, I still find myself browsing online stores too much, but I'm better, and that's a start!

I am retiring two of my spring capsule tops to the donation pile. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these tops, but they have holes. :sad: I have another one that is too big, but I will try to salvage it by wearing a sports bra instead of a regular bra. The top falls down too low, but this might work. If not, I'll get rid of it.

I bought 3 new tops today which will be part of the summer capsule. Being the over-shopper that I am, it's a very strange thought to grasp that I will not (supposedly) be buying new tops until the fall capsule. :thinking:

edited to add, the top that's too big is an Ella Moss top, and kinda cute and funky. I tried on a black Lululemon sports bra, and it actually works. Yeah!

about 15 well-tailored jackets in colors ranging from neutral to yummy.

I love that description!

Your closet sounds very organized and made me want to live in New England. In Texas, we get about 2 week of spring, then it's hot. But, the trade off is our mild winters, which I suppose I prefer, even though the love the idea of beautiful white fluffy snow.

I think if i had a work wardrobe, it would have to be its own capsule, like you've done. I have been out of the workforce for 16 years, though teaching yoga for 10, so I'm definitely in a different place. The gal whose lead I've followed is a writer working out of her home, with a toddler, and she lives in Southern CA. Her method is closer to mine due to climate and lifestyle. She has only 14 items in her wardrobe right now, I think, plus her extras, like layering pieces.

Thanks for taking the time to share how you do things. It's beneficial to see how other people are mindfully living. Before, I was mindlessly shopping. And, I still find myself browsing online stores too much, but I'm better, and that's a start!
Honestly, I probably sound more organized than I am...and reading, let alone posting on, this forum certainly suggests I spend too much time thinking about shopping, if not actually shopping. I try not to yearn when I see the pretty pics all over this site.

I daresay we all like to sound better than we are. ;) Fake it till you make it, right?

Honestly, I probably sound more organized than I am...and reading, let alone posting on, this forum certainly suggests I spend too much time thinking about shopping, if not actually shopping. I try not to yearn when I see the pretty pics all over this site.