Canvas vs empreinte. Which material hold up better?

The Empreinte leather can show wear quickly especially around the bag corners, not to say the potential glazing issue. I have had several Empreinte items and eventually the glazing all had some kind of cracks.

Are you talking about the glazing on the edges on like the glazing of the zippy wallet ?

I think Emprente is durable. Right now, it's my favorite line. I think the wear and tear occurs differently by the way the owner treats their bag. The same issues mentioned earlier in this thread about Empreinte I have seen in canvas myself on this forum and YouTube wear and tear videos. Some people on this forum prefer canvas while others prefer leather. I think you will get a different response based on what the person prefers. On this forum some say canvas is more durable than leather, but I think the opposite. However, I like all of LV lines, and I think most of them last a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TangerineKandy
I think that empreinte is much more glamorous and discrete but i always worry about wear on the edges and weight. I know some others find the Empriente peices lightweight - but i personally find canvas lighter and i find it also is more durable.

Having said that - the Artsy Noir and SF Galet are still my all time fav bags

I think that empreinte is much more glamorous and discrete but i always worry about wear on the edges and weight. I know some others find the Empriente peices lightweight - but i personally find canvas lighter and i find it also is more durable.

Having said that - the Artsy Noir and SF Galet are still my all time fav bags

I still love the artsy in noir.too. I just don't want to waste my money.

I'm asking because the I've had two SA Said that the leather would hold up better. IDK.

I don't know why I think this way, but the lining just bugs me a bit with the price hikes LV has done over the years with now most fo the bags being at 3k and the rest are at 2k but are creeping up at 3k soon. But when Empreinte line came out, I did not mind the lining. :wacko:

It more of a personal issue of value worth of brand new.If I bought one in this line second hand or if they never increased the retail price, I wouldn't care much thought of the lining and question the value of the leather, interior lining, and other component of the bag. :cray::cray::cray:
I thought the stiffer lining was used to help support the structure of the soft leather. Has anyone else heard this?

I always check eBay listings and I have to choose canvas hands down over leather. I’ve seen terrible epi pieces - they do get dents and scratches. Leather peels and you may get discoloration. Dark canvas is a workhorse!

• Wow
Reactions: Namwan-
Dark canvas was meant for traveling. So naturally, it's a sturdier material, meant for all weathers and the rain.

Having said that, the empreinte leather is beautifully supple and the logo embossing very understated and elegant.

What styled bag will you be purchasing? How will you use it, will give you answers to what you're looking for.