Can't decide...Jypsiere 34 in gold or Fendi Peekaboo small mens version

katya123

Jun 8, 2015
Wanting to purchase a new bag but I really cant decide if I should go for Jypsiere 34 in Gold or
Fendi Selleria mens Peekaboo small size.....they are both really nice, i guess my biggest concerns are practically, versatility and timelessness (I like classic bags that withstand the taste of time)

I have already tried on both and love them both but only want to pick one between these two

I am a male around 5"7 28yr old

Attachments

• 8817231298590.jpeg
    8817231298590.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Hermes-jypsiere-bag-gold.jpeg
    Hermes-jypsiere-bag-gold.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 314
I love the look of the Jypsiere, but I prefer to have at least one handle in addition to the shoulder strap. Hopefully someone who owns both (or is very enthusiastic about either style) will come by to help you out! Good luck! :smile:

I have a Jypsiere 37 and, while it is an amazing bag, I will say that after prolonged usage the bag sags and if the flap isn't latched, things can fall out when you bend over. The Jypsiere is therefore a bag not meant to be stuffed with books, computer, electronics, files, etc- it is at its best if not too heavy...plus the flap dramatically reduces space at the top of the bag when it is latched because it forces the top part of the bag to be compacted.

I do not have, but have explored closely the Fendi selleria in person, several times. It is much more structured and is a much better bag for books/electronics/laptop, etc. because of that rigid center section that gives the bag structure that the Jypsiere lacks. Having the handle is also very convenient. The biggest downside (if it is one for you) is that it is a more formal style, so if you dislike briefcase-style bags, then that may be a turn off.

So...if you're carrying small, lightweight items, don't need a handle, and like a more casual look, get the Jypsiere. If you want to use for the office, carry heavy stuff, value a carrying handle, and like a more formal look, get the Fendi. Just my 2 cents! :smile:

Hermezzy makes a lot of sense.
You need to try them out with the things you want to carry in them.
The Jypsiere is echt Hermes with its fastening system, but that does make it narrow at the top, as Hermezzy wrote.
Have you considered a Steve? That is a more 'messenger' style, but the curved bottom corners (like the Jypsiere) were not good for what I wanted to carry - A4 & A4+ soft bound books and music. A wider laptop/tablet might not sit on the bottom of the bag and poke at the sides.

Reactions: Hermezzy
Hermezzy makes a lot of sense.
You need to try them out with the things you want to carry in them.
The Jypsiere is echt Hermes with its fastening system, but that does make it narrow at the top, as Hermezzy wrote.
Have you considered a Steve? That is a more 'messenger' style, but the curved bottom corners (like the Jypsiere) were not good for what I wanted to carry - A4 & A4+ soft bound books and music. A wider laptop/tablet might not sit on the bottom of the bag and poke at the sides.

Haha actually I have the Steve messenger in 35, caporal and meeting, but I think the Steve line is more towards "the classic gents style"
where I am looking for a bag that's more fashion forward to go with my crazy casual outfits, and these two bags have got looking left and right!!

I will be using it as a daily to go bag, normally I carry a water bottle, a pouch bag for the essentials, two i phones, heads phones and sometimes my macbook air

one thing that concerns me about Jypsiere is its opening flap, when I played it in the store it was reasonable, (warning everything seems reasonable in the H store until the cold hard reality hits in the real world)
eg.phone stops ringing by the time you unhook and open the flap, or in grocery store trying to fish out your wallet while one hand holding that huge ass flap and people behind you giving you evil eye......

Reactions: Hermezzy and Melbee
Haha actually I have the Steve messenger in 35, caporal and meeting, but I think the Steve line is more towards "the classic gents style"
where I am looking for a bag that's more fashion forward to go with my crazy casual outfits, and these two bags have got looking left and right!!

I will be using it as a daily to go bag, normally I carry a water bottle, a pouch bag for the essentials, two i phones, heads phones and sometimes my macbook air

one thing that concerns me about Jypsiere is its opening flap, when I played it in the store it was reasonable, (warning everything seems reasonable in the H store until the cold hard reality hits in the real world)
eg.phone stops ringing by the time you unhook and open the flap, or in grocery store trying to fish out your wallet while one hand holding that huge ass flap and people behind you giving you evil eye......
I think that for the things you mention the Jypsiere would be just fine. All the H bags with a flap (jypsiere, k, b, herbag, etc.) can be a pain to get into and out of quickly if they are totally latched, but the jypsiere can be carried with the flab unlatched as long as the bag isn't weighed down too heavily.