Cannot get myself to buy a more expensive LV.....

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
It is funny in a year I will buy 3, 4 or even 5 bags but, they are usually between 1k and 1.5k yet, I will not bring myself to buy a 3-4k bag...I tire and bore of my handbags easily and would feel awful if I tired of a 3-4k bag...anyone else have this issue....I am thinking next year I am going to have a one bag rule...I only get one bag so I better darn well love it.....someone posted on one of my threads go for quality and not quanity...maybe I have gone more for quanity:idea:...mentally I cannot go over my a certain limit per bag yet, I am okay with having multiple bags:wtf::Push::Push::Push:............

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
I can easily spend 3-4 k on Chanel and have many many times, but for LV I dont know why I havent been able too. I would love a Mahina, and a cosmetic trunk. I bought an Hermes kelly too. Wait I even bought a prada . I think it is because I too tire of my LV's and sell them off , most are mint worn twice. I hate selling my Chanel's. Strange I know. I want some Suhali Peices , I need get over that price hump for LV. Now the wallets I will spend a lot on. I adore LV small leather goods.

SweetPurple

Aug 13, 2007
I have learned that whatever decission you make in your life, as long as you are happy ~ then that's all that matters :tup:

If buying "3, 4 or even 5 bags" is what works for you, then that's great! :yes: We are all different.

Sep 24, 2006
The Golden State
When I started with LV, my rule of thumb was to get a bag between $1K - 1.5K and that worked out well for a while. However, it was the lure of a black jumbo caviar Chanel flap which at the time was priced at $2250 that put me over the edge of the $2K mark and made me realize that I need to focus on the bags that I totally LOVE and would want to keep forever. So it was quality over quantity for me.

A few months ago I finally decided to put this new rule in practice, lol, and bought the black Motard Biker --- a bag that I drooled and drooled over ever since I saw it on the runway, but the price then was a steep $4050. I ended up purchasing it for $4360 from Saks LV. Luckily for me, I was able to get one of the last remaining 4 in the U.S.

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
NYC metro-area
SweetPurple is totally right, s long as you are happy.

I think when you see a bag that 'talks' to you, no matter the price, high or low, you'll snap it up! You have beautiful bags and I only see gorgeous ones joining your gorgeous collection!

bohomamma

Aug 31, 2006
Grenada
I agree, if it speaks to you thats all that matters. That is my rule of thumb for everything. Its like a nice fancy ultra mod hotel and then a charming quirky little hotel, whatever speaks to you.

My husband thinks I am crazy, I buy Chanels, LV's, and Balenciagas (am on a ban this year) and then a little straw bag off a beach stand somewhere for like $4.99 , he wonders where my mind is :smile:

princesskara

Princeskara
O.G.
Jul 5, 2008
The Rainy City
I agree - only buy the bags you love! I do have different limits for different brands - but I have gone over it for the bag I really love! I used to buy cheaper bags in similar style, but I will not do that again. I just ended up buying the bag I really wanted later.

nekostar0412

Bitten by the CHANEL Bug
O.G.
Jul 28, 2007
SweetPurple is totally right, s long as you are happy.

I think when you see a bag that 'talks' to you, no matter the price, high or low, you'll snap it up! You have beautiful bags and I only see gorgeous ones joining your gorgeous collection!
I agree - you should only get things that "speak" to you, but my DBF says EVERYTHING speaks to me :nuts:

kiwietnana

Jul 25, 2008
UK
I think that my absolute limit would £800 on a single bag ... I don't think I could ever buy something like a Pegase unless I earned more a guaranteed 6 figure salary a year! - People are dying of lack of food and water, basic stuff to us and yet we can spend so much on stuff that isn't even important to our survival!

Dec 13, 2006
lol I know what you mean but on a lower price scale. I can't seem to get myself to spend more than high $700's-$800 even though it's only 200 away from 1k, 1k sounds like soooooooo much to me! I get two bags a year and I wouldn't dream of combining that amount to buy one bag, I just can't do it, lol. I could do it for jewelry though. There is a bracelet I would love to get and I toy with skipping my anual bags and going for the bracelet instead but I just don't have the willpower and think I'm not 'there' yet.

I have a question, how long have you been at the 1k-1.5k mark? For me my bag price kept increasing. I still remember the days it was $200 then $400 then $600 and then $700 and now it's mid $700's. So maybe you're still in the climbing period where you mentally adjust to spending that much. I know for me though I think I've maxed out my comfort level bec. I've been at the $700 level for a couple of years now. I think I'm not going much higher, lol.

uafly1

Nov 30, 2005
I am the same way. In fact I think is psychological for me. I just have a problem spending over $1k on a bag. I can spend $995 plus tax but if the base price of bag is $1k I just can not do it. Now with all the price increases with LV, I guess I either need to get over the $1k mark or move back to a cheaper brand. Or just use the the many bags that I own more! RIGHT! Like I could every stop buy LV!

pooh1001a

O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
I have learned that whatever decission you make in your life, as long as you are happy ~ then that's all that matters :tup:

If buying "3, 4 or even 5 bags" is what works for you, then that's great! :yes: We are all different.
well said! i totally agree! Do whatever makes you happy. :tup: