Cannot get myself to buy a more expensive LV.....

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
It is funny in a year I will buy 3, 4 or even 5 bags but, they are usually between 1k and 1.5k yet, I will not bring myself to buy a 3-4k bag...I tire and bore of my handbags easily and would feel awful if I tired of a 3-4k bag...anyone else have this issue....I am thinking next year I am going to have a one bag rule...I only get one bag so I better darn well love it.....someone posted on one of my threads go for quality and not quanity...maybe I have gone more for quanity:idea:...mentally I cannot go over my a certain limit per bag yet, I am okay with having multiple bags:wtf::Push::Push::Push:............

I can easily spend 3-4 k on Chanel and have many many times, but for LV I dont know why I havent been able too. I would love a Mahina, and a cosmetic trunk. I bought an Hermes kelly too. Wait I even bought a prada . I think it is because I too tire of my LV's and sell them off , most are mint worn twice. I hate selling my Chanel's. Strange I know. I want some Suhali Peices , I need get over that price hump for LV. Now the wallets I will spend a lot on. I adore LV small leather goods.

I have learned that whatever decission you make in your life, as long as you are happy ~ then that's all that matters :tup:

If buying "3, 4 or even 5 bags" is what works for you, then that's great! :yes: We are all different.

When I started with LV, my rule of thumb was to get a bag between $1K - 1.5K and that worked out well for a while. However, it was the lure of a black jumbo caviar Chanel flap which at the time was priced at $2250 that put me over the edge of the $2K mark and made me realize that I need to focus on the bags that I totally LOVE and would want to keep forever. So it was quality over quantity for me.

A few months ago I finally decided to put this new rule in practice, lol, and bought the black Motard Biker --- a bag that I drooled and drooled over ever since I saw it on the runway, but the price then was a steep $4050. I ended up purchasing it for $4360 from Saks LV. Luckily for me, I was able to get one of the last remaining 4 in the U.S.

SweetPurple is totally right, s long as you are happy.

I think when you see a bag that 'talks' to you, no matter the price, high or low, you'll snap it up! You have beautiful bags and I only see gorgeous ones joining your gorgeous collection!

I agree, if it speaks to you thats all that matters. That is my rule of thumb for everything. Its like a nice fancy ultra mod hotel and then a charming quirky little hotel, whatever speaks to you.

My husband thinks I am crazy, I buy Chanels, LV's, and Balenciagas (am on a ban this year) and then a little straw bag off a beach stand somewhere for like $4.99 , he wonders where my mind is :smile:

I agree - only buy the bags you love! I do have different limits for different brands - but I have gone over it for the bag I really love! I used to buy cheaper bags in similar style, but I will not do that again. I just ended up buying the bag I really wanted later.

SweetPurple is totally right, s long as you are happy.

I think when you see a bag that 'talks' to you, no matter the price, high or low, you'll snap it up! You have beautiful bags and I only see gorgeous ones joining your gorgeous collection!
I agree - you should only get things that "speak" to you, but my DBF says EVERYTHING speaks to me :nuts:

I think that my absolute limit would £800 on a single bag ... I don't think I could ever buy something like a Pegase unless I earned more a guaranteed 6 figure salary a year! - People are dying of lack of food and water, basic stuff to us and yet we can spend so much on stuff that isn't even important to our survival!

lol I know what you mean but on a lower price scale. I can't seem to get myself to spend more than high $700's-$800 even though it's only 200 away from 1k, 1k sounds like soooooooo much to me! I get two bags a year and I wouldn't dream of combining that amount to buy one bag, I just can't do it, lol. I could do it for jewelry though. There is a bracelet I would love to get and I toy with skipping my anual bags and going for the bracelet instead but I just don't have the willpower and think I'm not 'there' yet.

I have a question, how long have you been at the 1k-1.5k mark? For me my bag price kept increasing. I still remember the days it was $200 then $400 then $600 and then $700 and now it's mid $700's. So maybe you're still in the climbing period where you mentally adjust to spending that much. I know for me though I think I've maxed out my comfort level bec. I've been at the $700 level for a couple of years now. I think I'm not going much higher, lol.

I am the same way. In fact I think is psychological for me. I just have a problem spending over $1k on a bag. I can spend $995 plus tax but if the base price of bag is $1k I just can not do it. Now with all the price increases with LV, I guess I either need to get over the $1k mark or move back to a cheaper brand. Or just use the the many bags that I own more! RIGHT! Like I could every stop buy LV!