Food Candied Walnuts?

Dec 26, 2006
I dont know if this is in the right thread, but does anyone know what kind of walnuts mcdonalds uses in the fruit and walnut salad? I love them! Any one know of any other walnuts that taste just as good? Thanks

I love those walnuts at McD's..i always ask for extra lol.

I think they are the Diamond brand but i've never been able to find those exact candied walntus at the store.

I have made Candied Walnuts (I am not a baker by any means)

I had a dinner party, and used them in a salad. They were soo yummy!

They were pretty easy to make. I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I'm sure you could find one online. I remember that I used my Toaster oven, because I had other things in the other ovens. They turned out beautiful.

I doubt this is the same thing, but I've never had the McD ones before, so...

Mix raw walnuts with brown or white sugar, a bit of salt, and either a bit of melted butter or olive oil, and toast them in the oven until crunchy/browned, but be sure to toss them around a bit so they cook evenly. That's how I make them for my salads! :smile:

I make them for gifts for the holidays. English walnuts are what I use, and my recipe is simple--it's the one from a newer Better Homes & Gardens cookbook in the appetizer section. They're great as a snack or in salads!