Can you guys tell me what type of leather Coach uses?

Coach uses many different types of leather, the majority of which is cow leather with various finishes. I know they do rarely use fur as trim on some items, but the most recent ones at least have been mink, not fox.

Someone posted about animal abuse etc etc..bringing up celebrity names and various designers including Coach.It was about skinning animals alive for use of fur.
I am myself against wearing fur but I wondered about the Coach.Does that make me a hypocrite owning a leather purse?I like their bags and I just wanted to know that incase someone wanted to throw that in my face...

It's a hell of a lot easier to skin a dead animal than a live one. These allegations and videos even have been circulating forever and PETA and others basically accuse every designer of participating in such activities. Whether it's true or not, I doubt it. But I also doubt that it has never happened, KWIM?

Now if it makes you a hypocrite, depends on who you ask. Some people are against all animal by products. Some people think leather use is OK since the rest of the animal went to something else. The carcasses from the fur trade are also used too, so that's kind of a moot argument in my opinion. I say live and let live.

I think there was a reason why they need to skin it alive but I don't know what it is for sure.I know some people are against everything but in todays world we live in that's simply too hard to keep up...I will never give up my 2 bags I own,one of which being satin, I would need some serious proof of any abuse behind Coach name.