can you carry your 8 month old along with a speedy?

radhika

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
is it possible to hold my 8 month old daughter in one hand and speedy in the other. i dont know how practical that is but am very ken on a speedy... what do you girls think? or should i go for a saleya or marias????(more grownup:confused1:)

btw i dont own any speedy yet:hrmm:

i wouldnt do it personally because i have trouble holding my 7 month old son with one arm for long periods of time (and by that, i mean a couple minutes or one) but maybe i am just physically weak. :sad:
my hand held bags are currently in my closet since i had the baby. i got to use my perfo speedy 1x when i go to go out on errands on my own but other than that i am usually pushing a stroller so i use a shoulderbag.

I suggest the saleya as it looks so chic, fits on your shoulder and has a zippered top. Speedy is a classic but quite impractical if you have to carry your baby. The marais is kinda flimsy IMO and has an open top.

You could buy a detachable/adjustable strap for the Speedy. Most people don't like to do this because they think it looks weird with the Speedy, but it's really helpful with the Speedy when you have your hands full. I have straps for my Mono and Damier Speedies and also a strap for my Deauville.

I don't have little ones, but I would advise against it. Your 8 month old is prescious cargo at this time . . . . get an over the shoulder with a zipper to keep your things safe, and baby will be safe too. Your speedy can come out like you said when doing the errands alone.

I have a 2 year old and 7 month old. I prefer shoulder bags like the BH--I think it is a perfect mommy bag, by the way (more space than the saleya). I have 3 Speedies and some other hand held bags and the only time I use them is when I have my husband to help me and when I can leave them hanging on the stroller (which isn't very safe).

Yes, definitely. But it's not convenient though especially when you have carry other bags and have to use keys to open doors. I scratched the zipper pull because of that I guess. So for now, I switch to a light shoulder bag.

I don't carry shoulder bags as I fractured both shoulders in riding accidents and it hurts to wear a bag now; only hand or elbow crook works. So, I've had to do it with all 3 of my boys. My eldest has Special Needs and didn't walk until almost 3; I have AMAZING arms, lol from all the carrying I've done.

Bottom line, you can do it. You just have to build up the arm strength. It shocks me how much I can actually carry with one arm; my 20 month old, my Tivoli, a diaper bag and a gallon of milk- no problem! HTH