can you all cheer me up?

gucci_girl_gg

serial 'moaner'
Jan 12, 2006
ok so ive just had the worst weekend of my life!
my nan has been ill and we've been with her all weekend until this morning when she finally passed away peacefully.
RIP NAN
but i cant quite come to terms with everything its the first relative ive lost that i can remember, i was 18 months when my grandad passed.
i know hes there with her now and shes with me but i just cant deal with it, i have to try and be strong for my mum.

can you try and cheer my up please?

Hannah, so sorry to hear about your nan. YNWA
Poem by unknown author:

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

passerby, thank you so much! that really made me smile, especially because its really windy here atm.
lil miss cheeky, thanks too its upsetting and im trying to battle the heartache but its so hard.
we've decided no black allowed at the funeral and its not being called a funeral its 'dolly's day' because my nan was called dorothy and she was such a happy person, she wouldnt want black.

Her spirit will always be with you. You will see her sometimes for a second in your mirror, when the light falls just a certain way. You will see her sprinkled like glitter into the hearts of everyone whose life she touched, people she taught to love a particular flower, recipe, fabric, a painting or a piece of music.

She will always be with you, looking down, more often than not, laughing at your antics, as you go through life making the same goofy mistakes she once did, and she will sprinkle down some more glitter, to help you scramble back up again and go make some more.

And yes, she will have a lot of catching up to do with your grandfather, and if she is anything like mine, keep herself very busy getting Heaven straightened out and providing helpful instruction on how to run the place.

This is the time for you to be with others who loved her, who love you. Listen to your heart. That is her new cell phone. She will let all of you know when to cry, when to laugh, when to talk, when to just sit together quietly and think of her, know that she loves you now even more than she did as an earth resident.

Take care of those people for her, let them take care of you.

I will keep you, and your loved ones in my prayers, and my psychic powers tell me I will have plenty of Purse Forum company in that endeavor!

It's going to be so tough for you but as you said, you'll have to be strong and support your Mum. Was your Nan a Red?

Heaven's Treasures: Lyrics & Poetry

"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me. Let my name be the household word that it always was. Let my name be spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolutely unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is past, nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before, only better; infinitely happier and forever."
Henry Scott Holland

I am so sorry... My dad passed away when I was 17, that really hurt since I was daddy's little girl, and my grandpa passed away 2 years ago and now my grandma is in the ICU and they dont know if she'll make it... but somebody gave me this when my dad passed, i know it's just a poem but i really hope it helps...

Dont grieve for me for I am free
I'm following the path God has laid, you see
I took his hand when I heard his call
I turned my back and left it all
I could not stay another day
to laugh, to love, to work or play
tasks left undone must stay that way
I found the peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void
then fill it with remembered joys-
a friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
oh yes, these things I too will miss
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life's been full, I savored much
good friends, good times, a loved one's touch...
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
dont lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now, He set me free...

hugs to you and your family...

i'm so sorry to hear that. may she rest in peace. i've also been to a funeral last week, and it was upsetting but at the end of the funeral they played a rock song which made everybody smile. the person who passed away was a happy man and wouldn't want anyone to be upset. remember that your nan will always be watching over you.. feel better *hug* :smile: