Can the Lady Dior be an everyday bag?

Maui528

O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
I have been contemplating the small lady Dior for a couple years now I just think it’s so beautiful! But I worry about the Lambskin. I’d like to use it regularly, around 5 days a week. Anyone have experience using it regularly and can share wear and tear?

Thank you!!

Totally agree with you - it is SO beautiful! I have the small LD in Peony Pink and find it more durable than I initially thought. I still do think I need to be extra careful with this bag, given that mine is in a lighter color. I think if you get black or a darker color, it can be more carefree. I don't use it as a daily bag, so other people can hopefully provide more insights. I do want to mention that it doesn't fit a ton inside, but if you carry less items in general, it should work! It fits my phone, small wallet, car keys, some make up, etc., so not terrible, but just wanted to point that out. Hope this helps! :smile:

the lady dior is one of my favourite bags but in all honesty it is not the most functional. it doesn't fit that much and it is not easy to get in and out of. while the lambskin is more durable than it looks, it still needs a certain degree of careful handling. i won't use my lady dior if e.g. it is raining, i'm going to a crowded place or rushing around etc, or going someplace i know won't have a proper place to put my bag (no way i'm putting it on the floor but hanging on a bag hook will likely leave indent on the handle).

if you don't mind the limited functionality but your concern with regular use is wear and tear - i think there will definitely be more wear and tear if you use it five days a week e.g. scratches and scuffs. the flap opening is prone to scratches (from fingernails), dents from being pressed against the rings and creases from the constant opening/closing. that said, arguably the utility you get out of the bag will be worth the wear and tear.

I just purchased the medium lady Dior in grained calfskin and I have been using it every day for 2 weeks. Because it’s not lambskin I do feel more comfortable carrying it daily, even in light rain. I’m actually considering a small one down the road so it’s good to hear other’s feedback. The medium size is perfect for my everyday work needs. It makes me happy every time I carry it. good luck! It’s a beautiful bag in every size!

I just purchased the medium lady Dior in grained calfskin and I have been using it every day for 2 weeks. Because it’s not lambskin I do feel more comfortable carrying it daily, even in light rain. I’m actually considering a small one down the road so it’s good to hear other’s feedback. The medium size is perfect for my everyday work needs. It makes me happy every time I carry it. good luck! It’s a beautiful bag in every size!
Do you think the medium is too big for every day - outside of work? Shopping, going to lunch, etc.

Do you think the medium is too big for every day - outside of work? Shopping, going to lunch, etc.
size wise, i think the small looks better than the medium for lunches etc. that said and although the small will probably look better on my frame, i've only bought medium for the simple reason that the small won't be able to fit all of my necessities. i think the medium is ok and can be used for just about all occasions including nice lunches and dinners (excluding events where a small bag / clutch would be more appropriate). i personally feel the proportions of the medium give it a more elegant look and i don't like the thick strap on the small, but that's really just personal preference.

I have a mini lady dior in lamb skin that I wear pretty much daily in fall/winter. It still looks new so it holds up very well for a lamb skin… that being said I am probably more careful with it than my other bags since it’s so structured, like making sure I don’t bump it against people/things, setting it down so it doesn’t fall over, carefully opening top flap, etc.

I have been mostly using my medium for work. For shopping and weekend activities, I would prefer to switch to a lighter bag. I’m the type of person who likes to carry all of my essentials with me at all times so it would hurt my heart a little to take out some stuff in order to squeeze into the small lady Dior. I feel that the medium size is the perfect size to fit everything that I need plus a little bit of room without being overwhelmingly large. Have said all that, I am actually considering adding a small myabc LD in the future for the shopping/weekend/ evening events.

Yes, I like to use my handbags for everyday, like lunch or errands. I don’t like to use my bags for just special occasions as I don’t have many of these. I have the small and I think the strap makes it casual enough. The handbag fits all my essentials and even a small water bottle. I’m still very careful so I wouldn’t take it out in the rain or avoid carrying it in crowded places. This is my favorite handbag and would love to add two more.

I think it depends upon how much you carry in your daily bag. I have been carrying Lady Dior bags through the years as daily bags (not small though--I need a medium for what I bring along)-- and I haven't had a problem with the lambskin anywhere except for maybe the handles (fingernails--ouch!). With the rest of the bag, I find the lambskin very forgiving- probably because of the cannage quilting. I even have a large Lady Dior that I carry with me when I travel and it has held up fine.

My medium black with white pattern around the world tapestry LD is extremely durable and can withstand some rain. The black hw has been durable. The bag is very heavy and IMO the LD format isn’t the best for every day (the center flap gets in the way) I’m one of those TPFers who like chanel lambskin, so I assume dior is similar. But I would play it safe with a darker color. I’ve read some posts that have issue with hardware scratches or aging, so that might also be an issue. @cowgirlsboots has some vintage Dior leather bags that look softer but still very gorgeous.

Last edited:
Hi! Does anyone of you own both small lady Dior and mini lady Dior bag? I am contemplating of buying the mini but it comes with a chain strap. Do you have any idea if I can buy a leather strap (Dior brand of course) and put it on the mini lady dior bag? Appreciate anyone who can help. Thank you!

Hi! Does anyone of you own both small lady Dior and mini lady Dior bag? I am contemplating of buying the mini but it comes with a chain strap. Do you have any idea if I can buy a leather strap (Dior brand of course) and put it on the mini lady dior bag? Appreciate anyone who can help. Thank you!
I owned both. I don’t think you can buy just a leather strap from Dior to replace the mini’s chain strap. You can get something like this though.
C24C20A1-B702-4BFB-9ACD-F608E6AD8048.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: atlgirl and Pinky08