Can she do this?

Belini

Jan 26, 2007
I won a bag and she immediately emailed me telling me its been damaged by her pet and its not sellable. She said she tried to end the auction earlier but ebay has a limit to when an auction can end.
I had no problem ending an auction early.

Is she right? what do i do now?

I agree. . . there's nothing you can do at this point.
She can do whatever, you can leave her a Neg if you feel spiteful, but she'll leave you one back I'm sure.
best to get your $ back if you already paid and move on.

Mistakes do happen, one time I sold and item that was supposed to come in a pair. I bought it from the store and just never ended up using it. So anyways I sold it and when packing it I realized how light it was and double checked just to be sure. Come to find out I was sold just one piece when it was supposed to be a pair. I unfortunately had to contact the buyer and inform them that I had made a mistake. Luckily the buyer was really understanding, and I learned my lesson of making sure I thouroughly check everything.

Maybe it didn't reach the price she had hoped for, I guess you'll never know. It's frustrating, but unfortunately there's really nothing you can do.
Also I'm pretty sure a seller can end an auction with less than 12 hours remaining, at least that's how it used to be. I know I have bid on items that come up no longer available for sale within the last hour.

As long as you get your money back, I would just believe the seller & go on with life, we all know plenty worst things can happen on ebay!

Agree with Westiegirl, the last time I heard something like that ( suddenly damage, ooh ), sellee refused to sell but such other tPFers said, ask for refund. If you kept intent to buy, then I affraid she'll defrauded you, take your money & bag, sorry...

Did you already send payment? If you did, make sure you don't get burned by paypal fees. A seller once put me in this same situation, and for some reason she didn't hit the "refund" button. I was out about $30! :wtf:

I agree with court811. You can no longer end an auction with less than 12 hours left. One time I discovered a hole in a pair of jeans I was selling with about 8 hours left in the auction. I tried cancelling it, but ebay wouldn't allow me to do so. I had to watch the auction and cancel all bids so I wouldn't have a frustrated buyer.

Sounds like a lie to me. I dont know any bag sellers who would leave an item for sale around a pet to damage it. And that excuse is used over and over again. I would tell her to refund you and to leave you positive feedback, then you can chose to zap her with a neg or prefably a neutral. If she was smart, (which she doesnt sound) she would file a claim to mutually agree to not continue with the sale with ebay.

Sounds like a lie to me. I dont know any bag sellers who would leave an item for sale around a pet to damage it. And that excuse is used over and over again. I would tell her to refund you and to leave you positive feedback, then you can chose to zap her with a neg or prefably a neutral. If she was smart, (which she doesnt sound) she would file a claim to mutually agree to not continue with the sale with ebay.

This is true, although some animals are sneaky. But I know from experience anything I am selling I put in a box up high away from everything, including my friends that want to touch everything. I think the lady is just disappointed in the money.