Can prenatal vitamins cause acne?

I bellieve vitamins can give you acne. I wanted my hair and nails to grow fast so I went to the Vitamin store and bought some Biotin. I started getting horrible cystic acne and oily skin after I started taking it. I mean it was horrible!! I had to stop. When I did the acne stopped in a few weeks.
OMG the same thing happened to me. I have always had pretty clear skin, a friend of mine was raving about biotin making her hair grow faster and I was like shock because 3 days after taking the pill, my skin starting developing horrrible cystic acne like all over my chin...I was sooo upset, but it cleared up alittle bit after I stopped taking the pills.

I have been taking pnv for about 14 years. I just take the generic Target ones. I wouldn't say that they cause ance. I of course get breakouts occasionally, but not related to those cuz I take them every nite. AND my hair and nails both grow super fast

I took PNV through both my pregnancies and the year in between. I noticed no difference in my hair, nails, or skin when I was not pregnant and taking the vitamins. Being pregnant though, my hair and nails grew super fast and I did have more breakouts.

So I don't think prenatals do anything at all. I think being PREGNANT is what causes all these changes, and not the vitamins.

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been taking prenatals and Omega 3's before I got pregnant and to this day my face is totally clear. In fact, I haven't had one single breakout since I've been pregnant.

Thanks for the info! For 9 years I've been trying to figure out why I have cystic acne. My dermatologist put me on meds and topicals and that didnt seem to work. 3 weeks ago the "light bulb" came on and I stopped taking my One a day womens vitamin and Viola my acne has cleared up! Thanks again for all the info! Wish I wold of searched this years ago. :idea::noggin:

I have this problem also. I started taking prenatal vitamins as we're TTC and my skin has gotten awful. We went on vacation for 2 weeks and I forgot to bring them with me and my skin cleared up big time. I recently started taking them again and my skin is getting pimply again...oh well!

my prenatals have never made me break out. i still take them even though I'm not pregnant anymore since i love what they do for my hair and nails (and ok, vitamins are good for you too! lol)