can my CLs be fixed? :(

Feb 25, 2008
I bought some CL Straratatas on ebay a while back, stupidly didn't check them over that closely and I've never needed to wear them until now...

There was some crinkling/creasing on the red sole under the arch of the foot, but figured it was no big deal as they were used and I've had others like this where the sole has creased a bit from the pressure of the foot on the shoe.

BUT I put them on and the bit underneath the arch of my foot appears to be a bit unstable and bending. I put them on, and if I pushed back slightly on the shoe, the arch bent so the heel was further under my foot than it should be, I felt like if I walked in them it could snap completely. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm hoping someone will tell me that MM7 have reinforced their shoes in some way... I don't mind paying to get them fixed, I just want to be able to wear them :sad:

I had the same issue with my Armadillo's. I took them to a local cobbler in San Francisco and they were able to reinforce the arch so it felt much more stable. Check out the website for Leather Spa in NY. It looks like they can do it as well. Good luck!

just found the correct terminology for this as my description was awful- it's the shank of the shoe that i think is broken/bending.

zoe- thanks for the input, i'm going to take them to a cobbler and see what he can do with them... even if i have to lose the original sole, if it's fixable i can always see what mm7 can do with the sole i guess.

just found the correct terminology for this as my description was awful- it's the shank of the shoe that i think is broken/bending.

zoe- thanks for the input, i'm going to take them to a cobbler and see what he can do with them... even if i have to lose the original sole, if it's fixable i can always see what mm7 can do with the sole i guess.

I'm not exactly certain how my cobbler did it but my original red sole was fully intact - though I noticed two very small pinholes (I believe they had to nail in some type of reinforcement. Good luck!

I bought some CL Straratatas on ebay a while back, stupidly didn't check them over that closely and I've never needed to wear them until now...

There was some crinkling/creasing on the red sole under the arch of the foot, but figured it was no big deal as they were used and I've had others like this where the sole has creased a bit from the pressure of the foot on the shoe.

BUT I put them on and the bit underneath the arch of my foot appears to be a bit unstable and bending. I put them on, and if I pushed back slightly on the shoe, the arch bent so the heel was further under my foot than it should be, I felt like if I walked in them it could snap completely. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm hoping someone will tell me that MM7 have reinforced their shoes in some way... I don't mind paying to get them fixed, I just want to be able to wear them :sad:

Can you post photos of exactly what you mean?? I may have the same problem as well. Can you also post mod pics too?

Last edited: