Can I save this vintage Fendi bag?

Romanese

Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone!

I bought this vintage Fendi shoulder bag from a flea market for approximately 1€ even though I saw its poor condition. I thought I could do something about it. And here I am asking for help from all of you.
As you can see, only the outside of the bag is damaged. The inside, the shoulder strap and the outside leather margins are in pretty good shape.
Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you, kindly!

6E1FCCE2-BD93-4DF2-AE04-CC8DCB29FBFD.jpeg
545B417C-80AC-4D84-8C77-9DFCAA9D6E77.jpeg
A6EDDB3C-CD3A-4D8B-B237-E1442AB26B63.jpeg
817D137B-A74A-42BD-94DC-6C0015F1A291.jpeg
F58250BE-CAE3-4BCF-BD64-6BAFDC1DEACB.jpeg

This may sound crazy but you might be able to put it in the washing machine on delicate in something so it doest bounce around. Search the forum I remember some people doing this for fabric bags maybe coach. If it will slightly darken the leather it will be even if anything if it's vachetta or if it's color treated it might not change just moisturize after. I would do some serious research here but it but it may be a way then stuff after. Or maybe you can lightly magic eraser the fabric and wipe down.

This may sound crazy but you might be able to put it in the washing machine on delicate in something so it doest bounce around. Search the forum I remember some people doing this for fabric bags maybe coach. If it will slightly darken the leather it will be even if anything if it's vachetta or if it's color treated it might not change just moisturize after. I would do some serious research here but it but it may be a way then stuff after. Or maybe you can lightly magic eraser the fabric and wipe down.

Thank you for your suggestion. It’s made out of canvas, not leather. Only the margins and the straps are leather. If I put the bag in the washing machine wouldn’t it damage the bag even more?

Thank you for your suggestion. It’s made out of canvas, not leather. Only the margins and the straps are leather. If I put the bag in the washing machine wouldn’t it damage the bag even more?

Is it coated canvas or just fabric? I think it may clean it there is a lot of grime and dirt that needs to come out there may be a better way maybe you can find by searching cleaning canvas bag. If you look at the results people had with the washing machine it was pretty good from what I remember but they would have more instructions and info.

Is it coated canvas or just fabric? I think it may clean it there is a lot of grime and dirt that needs to come out there may be a better way maybe you can find by searching cleaning canvas bag. If you look at the results people had with the washing machine it was pretty good from what I remember but they would have more instructions and info.
Thank you! I will look for the results you told me about.
Thank you very much!