Can I do THAT ???

What might work, is send an e-mail with the subject title "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!" and ask for your shipping refund without mention of leaving negative feedback. I've done that in the past and it sure as hell gets some people's attention rather quickly.

But doesn't that still equate to fb extortion?

Why else would you entitle an email of that sort 'NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!', if you weren't trying to threaten the seller with a neg? :shrugs:

If a seller reported you, I doubt that eBay would think that it made any difference that the threat was only in the title, would they?

Thank you,
You said that very nicely and make a good point (expect the profiting from shipping bit ;) )however........... She stuck it in a regular envelope (not padded), printed the label off stamps.com and stuck it in a mail box. As for bubble wrap there was none in there, maybe it all popped on the way -LOL

LOL! OK, then, go get her! :lol:

Can't stand bad packaging! :nogood: :tdown:

I'd mention that in the fb, too, if I were you. :yes:

Thanks, BTW. :flowers:

LOL, I would send those e-mails out when I got really ticked off with the buyer or seller not responding. I haven't sent one out in probably 5 years or more but it was a way I found people to quickly respond when they were mysteriously away from their computer.

At that point I would have left them negative feedback anyway so sending the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!! e-mail was the last resort before actually leaving negative feedback. I only sent those e-mails after like a week or more with no response from them, I generally am VERY PATIENT.

I agree that if you leave her negative feedback, base it on the fact that the seller was not truthful, she said she would use a certain shipping method but used a cheaper one instead.

BTW sunnbuzz, are you a Leafs or Raptors fan?:smile:

Ian

^ I don't blame you, at all, for finally losing patience and sending an email like that, Ian. :nogood:

I just think that eBay might see it as fb extortion, if the email then had a request/demand in it? Even if it was just intended to get the seller's attention and express how you felt.

The NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!! title was a good way (for me anyway) of grabbing their attention.

In this situation, it might not be your best bet, but I was just offering another way that you could maybe get her to respond to you as it seems she is ignoring your e-mails.

But it's really not worth it since you have your item, aren't out a whole lot of money, and know not to buy from her again, unless she would be more reasonable with shipping.

LOL, you guys hated that NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!! suggestion haha.

Ian

^ I, obviously, can't speak for the others, but I didn't hate the suggestion, personally; I just found it a bit worrying, in that it might have made the OP look as though she was doing something she wasn't.

In certain circumstances (e.g. when the item hasn't arrived, or is SNAD and the seller is not responding), I think it would be more than justified (morally speaking), though. :yes:

Well I can safely say back then, I had no idea about feedback extortion, lol.

Did eBay have those kinds of policies back in 2000-2004?

I know I wouldn't send one of those e-mails now since you are protected as a buyer and I haven't had the need to send something like that with another eBayer since there is a lot of safety around paying with paypal.

It's funny when I would send that e-mail out, it would be very polite and I would always say thanks or thank you. I never went on a rant about leaving negative feedback if they don't pay me/send my item. It was the same e-mail practically that I sent out to them first, just a changed title.

But, as I said, I really don't have the need for that e-mail as paypal and eBay have come a long way with their buyer/seller protection.

I used to accept personal cheques and money orders and that was a real pain, thank god they took that out.

Ian

Well I can safely say back then, I had no idea about feedback extortion, lol.

Did eBay have those kinds of policies back in 2000-2004?

That I don't know - I only joined in 2004, myself.

I expect some of the vets will know, though! :biggrin:

I know I wouldn't send one of those e-mails now since you are protected as a buyer and I haven't had the need to send something like that with another eBayer since there is a lot of safety around paying with paypal.

It's funny when I would send that e-mail out, it would be very polite and I would always say thanks or thank you. I never went on a rant about leaving negative feedback if they don't pay me/send my item. It was the same e-mail practically that I sent out to them first, just a changed title.

But, as I said, I really don't have the need for that e-mail as paypal and eBay have come a long way with their buyer/seller protection.

:yes:

I used to accept personal cheques and money orders and that was a real pain, thank god they took that out.

Ian

You prefer PayPal, then? I know some sellers say they don't like it.

Ugh, I'm dealing with this right now, too!
I bought a boutique dress from Hong Kong for dd's birthday party. The dress was $20 and the shipping was $9.99.
I asked for the expedited shipping, and she sent me an invoice for $50.98!!!
$30 for shipping!
I used the currency converter when I got the package, and she spent $16 on shipping!
I'm back and forth on leaving her a neutral- but I think that's what I"m going to do.
However, I wouldn't send her a threatening email...and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a refund.

BTW sunnbuzz, are you a Leafs or Raptors fan?:smile:
Ian

Thanks everyone, I was going to use Ian’s idea by putting the NF the title of an email BUT after reading you guys comments I will NOT

I actually saw a Raptors game for the first time last year, I was given 2 free tickets in the Gold seats (ACC) it was great, the same person also took me to a hockey game the price for just one ticket was $185 -what ???. Sadly I'm not in the wage bracket to afford a live game (just parking is $20 and a large beer is $14 - luckily I do not drink) I do not care if this is off topic as I'm the OP -lol
You are in a purse forum surrounded by mainly females - what brought you here, what did you buy ? If you do not mind me being nosey !!

You prefer PayPal, then? I know some sellers say they don't like it.

From my experience, yeah, it is a lot easier to deal with paypal than personal cheques or money orders. Mainly because as a Canadian, I would receive mostly American cheques or American/international money orders, and these would take forever to clear in the bank.

Paypal is nice in that you get your money almost instantly, although I've been reading more about paypal holding your funds, haven't had this problem myself, but it's when you have a single transaction over $250? I sold a set of golf clubs last year for over $800 and didn't have money held, is that a new feature?

But there are still downsides to paypal and eBay, I HATE THE FEES THEY TAKE, but they gotta make their GI-NORMOUS amounts of cash.

trumanfinn - hopefully eBay has a policy set up protecting buyers in these situations, have you looked into anything eBay has to offer?

Clearly the seller in your situation was way out of line charging that much for shipping.

I have the feeling, actually I know some sellers are only driven by how much money they can make rather than trying to actually offer the best deals and create a good customer-business relationship.

Ian

However, I wouldn't send her a threatening email...and I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a refund.

Ask ! What is the worst thing she could do, ignore you or say no. Or ask her like I did to donate the over payment to charity. I did send my seller an email giving her those options a week ago but she ignored my emails. Tell her I think you made a mistake and over charged me on shipping and how about you keep up to $20 of the shipping cost and refund me the difference or donate it to a charity. I was nice in my email I just got very upset that I was ignored maybe your seller actually made a mistake.
I'm curious why would you not want to ask for a refund ?
Maybe a comment at the end of the email saying; I will leave you feedback soon - (that is certainly NOT threatening in anyway)

Ian, the new thing with paypal holding funds IS fairly new, it's not affected me either since i've been a member since 03, it affected my ( now ex) other half though when he opened his own ebay account a few months ago though, think they're doing it with all new members.

Back to the feedback/high shipping thing though, i remember years ago, i was narked by a seller who over charged on shipping and left a neutral stating that his shipping was too high, he then emailed me saying how disappointed he was to receive it and gave me a breakdown of how he came to his figure, he had practically added on the wear to his shoes to come to that amount , as well as the petrol, wear and tear on his vehicle , it went on and on !