Can I ask for shipping refund?

Oct 26, 2010
I Am soooo pissed. I just got a Mk handbag and the seller intentionally did not mention that the inside had 3 holes in the fabric and its dirty like Ive never seen! This is not accceptable, I wrote to her, she was quite unprofessional in her comments I might add... And she will refund me but I want to make sure I dont end up paying more for shipping than for the actual item.. I got the bag for 51$ plus 10$ shipping. Im in Canada so it will cost me another 15$ to ship back. What can I do?

I believe you can file for SNAD and ask for the seller to also refund you the return shipping cost. Although, there is always a chance (small though still there) that evilBay will not side with you and then you are stuck with the bag. Did you ask the seller to refund you the original shipping or the return shipping by any chance?

Edit: Yes, you could ask the seller to refund you in full which would include the original shipping fee you paid. Alternatively, you could ask her to send you a pre-paid label for the return. You can make the case that you should not have to absorb the cost of sending back an item that was SNAD. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
I Am soooo pissed. I just got a Mk handbag and the seller intentionally did not mention that the inside had 3 holes in the fabric and its dirty like Ive never seen! This is not accceptable, I wrote to her, she was quite unprofessional in her comments I might add... And she will refund me but I want to make sure I dont end up paying more for shipping than for the actual item.. I got the bag for 51$ plus 10$ shipping. Im in Canada so it will cost me another 15$ to ship back. What can I do?

Usually you have to Pay for Return Shipping.
In some Casey if you escalate the Case they send you a Shipping Label to send the Item back. But i would nt count on that. :sad:

Whatever method you use to ship the item back, it must have delivery confirmation or you won't be protected. $15 seems a bit low for shipping a handbag internationally with full tracking. It will probably cost you more than that if you want to ship the bag back. However, you should be able to get the original shipping refunded--not the return shipping.

Ebay is not really for buyers then... There should be a clear rule against sellers not writing flaws in their ads... Sucks having to spend $$$ to ship something back that I would never have bought in the first place had I known... Grrrrr!!!!

Whatever method you use to ship the item back, it must have delivery confirmation or you won't be protected. $15 seems a bit low for shipping a handbag internationally with full tracking. It will probably cost you more than that if you want to ship the bag back. However, you should be able to get the original shipping refunded--not the return shipping.

Agree here.. sorry that your seller misrepresented the description...

Yes, you are usually responsible for return postage costs, which is ridiculous. I had to pay to send back a bag that was described as being in excellent condition, but arrived with cracks and rips in the canvas and which stank of smoke. They ought to do something about this and make these dishonest sellers pay!

I went to the cobbler and he's going to put leather patches inside to prevent the hiles from ripping and to make it look better since it is close to the zipper.. She has offered to pay for this.. Went from a super *****y tone to a nicer one.. Guess she wants +++ feedback...

Had the exact same thing happen to me recently.... Bought a Jimmy Choo Clutch on Ebay that was listed as NWT...not only was it not new with tags but the top clasp was completely detached.

I contacted the Seller right away and got back an extremely nasty response. Decided to open a case and unfortunately had to pay for the shipping back to her. Will definitely be opening a case with BBB as she does have a physical store along with letting people know to watch out for her!