Can anyone help me please

twist_of_fate

May 17, 2008
My 3 year old pomeranian has been making noises. I really cant explain what it is, but it sounds like hes finding it hard to breathe. Obviously i dont know if thats what it is, but its really scary. The vets closed now. Is it something really bad? Im so scared. :sad:

I am not familiar with dogs, I am sorry I couldn't be of much help. But my best wishes are with you and your baby! Please do keep us updated on how he is doing :heart:

Could it be a "reverse sneeze" -- does it sound like they are inhaling really fast but then they are fine after a few seconds?

(if so it's nothing to worry about)

I bet your dog is "just" coughing, or reverse sneezing. My chihuahua does it all the time...but it will come and go in spurts. Your baby may have allergies too. A collapsed trachea is possible....I think you can rub on your dogs neck, gently,not too firm, and if that instigates a cough, it could mean it is the trachea. My vet told me when my dog is reverse sneezing (honking) to gently massage the neck area to calm them down. Does that make sense? So do a test rub and see if that makes your baby start up the breathing thingy.

I am sorry, I know how worried you must be.

Yes it is like hes inhaling fast, and hes also been sneezing. I thought he might have a cold. I called the emercency vet and said it shouldnt be anything to worry about as hes not doing it all the time, it was just for afew seconds. I will keep an eye on him and then if he keeps doing it, i will take him to the vet on Monday.

Thankyou for your help.