Can anyone compare this CBTY bracelet & tell me if it's a fake?

jeep317

O.G.
Jul 20, 2013
I bought the tanzanite necklace from tiffany.com last year. It's dainty & quite lovely but their prices are a bit steep for something so small in my opinion. As I like the style and wanted a bracelet I searched ebay for a pre-loved one at a lower price. Risky, I know.
Anyhow I came across this and from the pics all hallmarks are similar to my necklace that I know is legit so I made an offer & it was accepted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252666574676

The bracelet arrived filthy (lotion up under the bezel) & tangled & the pouch definitely looks different than mine. I emailed the seller & she responded in very bad English claiming to have bought it at Nordstrom. Insert eyeroll here.

Can anyone compare theirs to this & render an opinion please? It looks legit to my untrained eye but after our communication I am leery.

Thanks!

Can you post pics of the actual bracelet and pouch you received? I have heard of sellers putting pictures of the real thing on their ads but sends out the fakes. Please post close up pics and I will try to help. I own a silver DBTY and I also own a couple of Tiffany pendants with pink sapphires so I can help to compare. Also let us know the length of the bracelet of the one you received.

Can you post pics of the actual bracelet and pouch you received? I have heard of sellers putting pictures of the real thing on their ads but sends out the fakes. Please post close up pics and I will try to help. I own a silver DBTY and I also own a couple of Tiffany pendants with pink sapphires so I can help to compare. Also let us know the length of the bracelet of the one you received.

The one she sent looks just like the one in the pic, only the silver in person is not so dark if that makes sense, it is normal colored like my necklace. When I first looked at that listing I thought the bracelet would be tarnished but it wasn't so I guess it's just the way the pic came out. The only dirty part was under the stone inside the bezel, it was caked with something white, likely lotion. I ran it through my sonic jewelry cleaner and it came right out so no harm there. It's 7" in length.

I can't seem to get my photobucket account to work right anymore, every time I post the "img" file it links to a spam thing telling people they've won an iPhone. That's why I didn't bother attempting to add pics in my original post. I wish I could because I definitely think the pouch is fake, it's smaller than mine, the color is "bluer" and the material is sort of suede-y, like it has a raised nap on it. The strings are bizarre too, they only tie on one side. But the stitching looks good and it even has the little inside divider thingy. Maybe there's just several kinds of pouches, I don't know. This will be the last time I buy Tiffany used though. Lesson learned, lol.

I was hoping that someone could render an opinion based on the ebay listing. (Just to clarify I'm not some random weirdo looking for a free authentication, I normally post in the purse sections and have been a member here for quite a while. I'm only out $100 so it's not the end of the world for me, but if it's fake I want to report the seller so no one else is duped.) If you can't help based on the listing, thanks anyway for responding!

Maybe one day I'll figure out my photobucket woes and put up some pics....

Thanks!

IMG_7950.JPG Duh, it appears that I can attach photos right from this site now...glad I finally figured that out.

Here's the pouch pics. The larger one is definitely legit as I purchased directly from their website. The smaller one looks fake to me.

Well, she didn't even say she bought it at Tiffs so warning bells just from that.
Also, does Tiffanys even make bracelets that are 7.5"? I thought their large size was smaller? Can someone confirm or correct this?

Well, she didn't even say she bought it at Tiffs so warning bells just from that.
Also, does Tiffanys even make bracelets that are 7.5"? I thought their large size was smaller? Can someone confirm or correct this?
My bracelet measured 7" anyway so that's not a concern. Her English is terrible, she ships shoddily, but I do think the bracelet at least is legit. I'm going to take it in for a cleaning because there's something else I want, I suppose if its fake they'll refuse to clean it and I'll know for sure.