Tech Camera Recommendations

L-U-V-Purses

I'm in character
Oct 1, 2008
Hi! I'm really starting to get into photography and I'm interested in getting a camera that is a little more professional. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a camera for a beginner in photography? TIA.

well I would probably say like a high end compact camera such as Canon G10 or Panasonic LX3, where the G10 has more settings for a beginner which you may want to check out

I have a Canon DigitalSLR camera, and it's amazing. It's a big camera, but the ability to add my own flash and change out lenses makes it worth it.

I started with the Rebel XSi and now have a bigger monster ;) But the XSi was really good in all situations except low-light where I needed special flashes and lenses.

I have the Canon Rebel XTi and I LOVE it.
It's an entry level dSLR with a powerful enough body for me to learn on and start getting into lens. If I even need to upgrade to a more professional SLR, then I can keep using the same glass(lenses).

Hello Girls,

I second the Canon EOS 400D recommendations. it's not the latest in DSLR cameras, but it's a very good, solid, semi professional camera.

You can use it manually like an SLR camera or just switch to automatic 7 use it like your regular compact digital camera.

Been using it for about a year now & it's an absolute joy, it's my first "serious" camera. The pictures quality is very good & this camera taught me a lot about photography.

You can read some more recommendations for it here.

Good luck,
LouE.