Calling Ladies with ~2.5-3+ cts center stones - Do you wear ring on a daily basis?

Correction: Calling all Ladies with 2+ cts center stones on their e-rings - Do you wear the ring on a daily basis? Does anyone wish they had gone with a smaller ct weight in order to be able to wear the ring more?

I ask because I am plotting an upgrade at some point, and I don't know if I would want to go with 2 or 3 cts. I like wearing my e-ring at all times with my w-band (including at the gym, painting classes, etc), and I am just trying to figure out at what point people stop wearing their rings on a daily basis bc the diamond gets in the way, or is too heavy, etc.

TIA for your input!

(Correction: Calling all Ladies with 2+ cts center stone)

Last edited:
I am not quite a 2.5 I am a 2.1 but ill give my two cents lol yes I wear mine everyday! I only take it off to shower.

I think if it was over 3 I may hesitate to wear it everyday which is exactly why I didn't go that big.

Hope this helps!

I have a 4.2 carat old european cut surrounded by an additional carat of diamonds and wear it every day. I only take it off to shower or wash dishes. I only feel self-conscious in big cities or on public transportation, so I turn it around to my palm.

Jennifer

I have a 2.03 ct RB and do not wear it every day. I work in a lab and teach college students. I was a bit concerned when I got it because it did get banged around a little and often got attention from my students (my finger size is 2.25 so my diamond looks much bigger on my hand). I wanted some bling that I'd feel comfortable wearing every day so I got a decent-sized eternity wedding band (2.5 cts). So for it has worked out really well. I break out my engagement ring to wear w/ my wedding band on the weekends.

Reactions: Rocket_girl
Mine is little over 3 cts and I wear mine almost everyday too.

The only time I don't wear it is when I travel to a new city for the first time or when I know I will be using my hands a lot because cringe when I bang it into stuff.

You'll be surprised how little people actually notice the size of your solitaire...It is after all only a small piece of jewelry when compared to the rest of your frame! Rest assured your bags or even shoes will probably get more attention...:P

Yes, they do. I am not in this category by a longshot but I do know I take my 1.15ct off a lot more than I wear it. I don't feel like I can use my hands fully if I have rings on, any rings.

I know several women that have 2+ ct rings, my mom included, and I know they all wear theirs almost always. My friend only just started wearing her's again after almost a year without it because she was pregnant and she couldn't wear the ring since it was soldered. She also wanted to wait til the baby was older before she broke it out. That thing is amazing, so it needs to see the light of day!

Thanks so much, ladies, for your input. It sounds like large ct size isn't a deterrent for daily wear, judging from these responses. Now, I will just have to plan for an upgrade that can withstand the inevitable diamond shrinkage syndrome, lol.