Calling Boy glazed calf owners - question

SunBunny

Shopaholic
Jul 16, 2012
Hi, anyone who has a boy bag in glazed calf I have a few questions. For me, this is regarding the 2012 Boy antik or medallion which is glazed calf. I am wondering:

1) how does it hold up over time?
2) does glazed calf (in boy bags) scratch easily?
3) is it more prone to discoloration?

And anyone who has heard about the boys with glazed calfskin, any feedback would be appreciated, TIA!

Hi, anyone who has a boy bag in glazed calf I have a few questions. For me, this is regarding the 2012 Boy antik or medallion which is glazed calf. I am wondering:

1) how does it hold up over time?
2) does glazed calf (in boy bags) scratch easily?
3) is it more prone to discoloration?

And anyone who has heard about the boys with glazed calfskin, any feedback would be appreciated, TIA!
I am also interested to hear any replies to this. I have the calf from fall 2013 however I'm not sure if it's glazed?!?!

I am also interested to hear any replies to this. I have the calf from fall 2013 however I'm not sure if it's glazed?!?!

Thanks for replying! Oooh, I bet your boy is beautiful :smile: The glazed looks shiny but not as shiny as patent, if that makes sense. I will post pics of the Boy Antik later because it's so beautiful but I wonder how the leather will hold up.

Hi! Are you talking about boy in my avatar? I'll try to find a close-up picture. In terms of worry free, I love it. The scratches blend in, you can't see them. It's an easy to carry bag. And the antique gold hardware makes it even more beautiful.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me awhile to get these pics up, but here is my small Boy Antik recently purchased brand new :heart: The body is glazed calf while the edges are not. I hope it won't be too high maintenance because I want to have it for many years! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1413150333.648534.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1413150370.314073.jpg