Calling backpack owners - thoughts please

Teagaggle

Sep 29, 2014
Howdy -
Although I'm in love with my various 1941 bags, particularly the Rogue, I've been stewing over the need for a "no fuss no muss" bag I can just throw over my shoulder and go (particularly with the upcoming holiday shopping season). I've never owned a backpack but have been eyeing the all black rucksack and giving it consideration. I know I'll never carry it on my back as a regular backpack...I liked the grab and go option and would probably just throw it over my shoulder regularly. So questions...for those of you who do use...
How do you carry it?
Do you find it to be secure (I'd probably keep my cell phone and some other quick go to's in the smaller outer turnlock pockets)?
I don't care for a drawstring bag, but am assuming you can loosen that on this style so that it is easier to get in and out of?
Just overall opinion.
Thanks so much in advance for sharing your opinions!

I recently got the same one for an upcoming cruise I'm going on. Figured it would be nice to use for the onshore days on the islands. Sorry, I haven't used it yet so I don't have any answers for you, but I'm curious to hear too. :smile:

I have the shearling rucksack from last winter. I wore it everyday and loved it. I found myself carrying it by the upper leather handle or flinging it over my shoulder when not on my back. I would not leave the drawstring loose. You're apt to have things fall out as you bring it down from your shoulder. I kept it tightly sealed. I believe there may be a side zipper that allows you to get things in and out

Thank you! I ended up trying it out in store & while I thought my phone would fit in one of the smaller outside turnlock closure pockets, it did not. That was a dealbreaker. I did a little online "research" & ended up purchasing an MZ Wallace small pack. Looked lightweight & well organized. We'll see how I take to it!