Calling all Velo owners!!! I need your help!

shayna07

Style with Shana
O.G.
Jan 26, 2013
I am purchasing a new Bal bag this week. I love the velo and already have a
City. I do not live near a store that I can go in to try the bag on.

I'm worried about the length of the velo strap. I know it is adjustable now but I want it to hit my hip when I wear it crossbody which is the main reason I would purchase the velo. I am 5"7. Can anyone give any imput as to where the bag falls on you with your height?

Thank you!

I'm not going to be much help since I am 5'0" and don't own one, but I have done a *bunch* of research on the length of the crossbody strap.

From what I had seen, those who were 5"5 and taller were ideal heights for the long strap, and it fell at a very natural spot. I'll try to see if I can find any links for you.

I looked at the Velo Club, Velo Reference and then also had just searched "Velo Strap"

I'm pretty much 5"7 and a half and it's perfect the way it came, which is on the second shortest hole (there's 3 spaces for the strap- it's adjustable)!!

Here's a pic of the front of the strap where the holes/spaces are, the last one is behind on the other side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 428
I'm not going to be much help since I am 5'0" and don't own one, but I have done a *bunch* of research on the length of the crossbody strap.

From what I had seen, those who were 5"5 and taller were ideal heights for the long strap, and it fell at a very natural spot. I'll try to see if I can find any links for you.

I looked at the Velo Club, Velo Reference and then also had just searched "Velo Strap"

The velo is great for my height and it's such a perfect style, this is one of my first velos and I love it so much, I think I'll be buying the velo style for the next while. Perfect for me ( 5"7 1/2)

Thank you for l the input ladies! I have decided to purchase an ultraviolet city instead! I love the city style! Hope to have the bag by end of this week! Thanks again!

You should be fine with your height! Personally, I think it is too long but I'm 5"2 and the bag sits too low for me unfortunately. However, I plan on punching additional holes to adjust because it sits so awkwardly to the point that I don't like wearing it.

I'm 5'6 and it drops right below my waist a bit. I did notice that it tends to look bulky when I load it with stuff so it makes my lower part look heavy. I've been using it for travel just to free my hands. I need this specially when I have to carry my kids around. But, since I put diapers, wallet, wipes, keys, etc. in it, I did notice that the edging on the leather where the metal rings for the long strap is attached has peeled and is damaged. Uh oh...

The adjustment strap does nothing really. It doesn't shorten it but for you it can give length. Not that you will need it though. I am 5.4 and the Velo falls below my hip. I love this style.