Calling all Step and Day owners...which do you prefer?

I would like to purchase a black carry-all Bal in either the step or day.
I have been hesitant with the day and its black-hole aspect...however it is starting to look fantastic to me in all its slouchiness.
Step, I have in coral but never used ...it is suddenly fall in Tokyo!!
I saw it in black on a woman today in the bookstore and it looked way cool, very motorcycle tho structured...but it 'worked'.

Users...please share, which is the one you reach for/easier to carry/access/comfortable...the one you:heart:

Last edited:
I have a step and a day - I love the day - but it really is too casual... the step is easier to use in the sense that it's easy to find your stuff in the bag, with the day, you really need to dig in. I like both but am more partial to the day :tup:

Thanks for your super helpful thoughts! But just to clarify, it is the step you prefer right?
Also, would the step work as a winter bag...does it fit over your coats as well as the day?
Thanks again!

I have a step and a day - I love the day - but it really is too casual... the step is easier to use in the sense that it's easy to find your stuff in the bag, with the day, you really need to dig in. I like both but am more partial to the day :tup:

The only reason I might prefer a Step, would be if I needed a less casual bag. In my opinion, NOTHING is as comfortable as the Day. When I come back home, I can easily move around the house for 5 or 10 minutes, forgetting it is still on my shoulder. :jammin:

I don't have the Step - will it hold the same amount? I do like the look of it, but I love my Day bag for comfort. I am the same way, I sometimes I forget I even have it on.

The Step is a great bag and I love mine, but I don't think it would fit over my shoulder with anything more than a very light jacket. My Day bags can be used year round, over any weight jacket. I have many styles, and in my opinion, the mini-bowler and the Day are the most versatile.

Thank you thank you!!
Your replies and comparisons to your other styles are SOOOO super helpful!!
I found my perfect Day today and did a little simulation with all the stuff that was in my city...it fits A LOT...definitely more than the step.

The step seems more like a purse (not the style but its function)...fits about the same as the twiggy, and only a little more than the box...and yes, an elegant great shape!

As for shoulder comfort, the Day was indeed the best:tup: