Calling all rose gold owners

sammix3

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Hi everyone! I was wondering if your rose gold pieces faded over time or did they maintain their color well? I have a pair of Tiffany's rose gold earrings which faded to a champagne gold. I don't shower with them, use lotion or perfume on it, so I have no idea why it happened. They exchanged it for me once but it happened again. I want to make sure this is not the case before investing in VCA rose gold.

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if your rose gold pieces faded over time or did they maintain their color well? I have a pair of Tiffany's rose gold earrings which faded to a champagne gold. I don't shower with them, use lotion or perfume on it, so I have no idea why it happened. They exchanged it for me once but it happened again. I want to make sure this is not the case before investing in VCA rose gold.

Thank you!
Hi sammix! This happens to me all the time. Both Pandora and Tiffany have told me that my skin is acidic. Yours might be too. It’s unfortunate because I love rose gold. I have them replaced or replated. I think it depends your skin type and how the pieces are made. If it is plated, then Unfortunately, it will fade for our case.

Hi sammix! This happens to me all the time. Both Pandora and Tiffany have told me that my skin is acidic. Yours might be too. It’s unfortunate because I love rose gold. I have them replaced or replated. I think it depends your skin type and how the pieces are made. If it is plated, then Unfortunately, it will fade for our case.
I haven’t seen it fade yet. My mom wore her RG five motif daily 24/7 for 2 years and no fading. Then she changed to a different bracelet so I don’t know beyond 2 years of daily wear.
I have had a RG love for about 5 years. No fading but I don’t wear it everyday. I have a plain RG link chain that I’ve worn 24/7 for about 4 years. No fading.

Reactions: trendsoldier
I haven’t seen it fade yet. My mom wore her RG five motif daily 24/7 for 2 years and no fading. Then she changed to a different bracelet so I don’t know beyond 2 years of daily wear.
I have had a RG love for about 5 years. No fading but I don’t wear it everyday. I have a plain RG link chain that I’ve worn 24/7 for about 4 years. No fading.
Ohh that's good! I think my skin is just bad with certain jewelry. I hope she is able to get a good VCA piece. Rose gold is gorgeous!

It actually happened with my Hermes clic clacs too but I know it's not real rose gold. This makes sense though!

That's good to hear. I have the pink sevre rose gold holiday pendant that I wear from time to time. I can compare it with a solid rose gold motif next time I go to my local VCA to see

Hi! I found this on New Posts. I don't wear rose gold, but I can't wear white gold. My skin makes it look faded after awhile. I am guessing the same thing happens to some people with rose gold. It is reaction to your particular skin chemistry.