Calling all PT and Cyclade Owners

I have three City's and a Day. I seriously considered the PT but it looks too big and east-west to me, so I think I prefer the City to the PT. I just bought a Cyclade City in RH and its a beautiful color, so I hope it does not fade.
hi gina2328. How long have you had your Cyclade City? This color is really nice. Maybe you could post some pictures and mod shots if you have the time to?

I absolutely love PT's! I have two and this is my favourite style! They hold more than a city and are not so huge as a work! I have seen cyclade irl and it's a stunning color! PT in cyclade is so stunning!
hi Pinkydream,

Have you seen a Cyclade PT up close? The only Cyclade I've seen is on a Drum... and I've been wondering how it would look like on a PT... :tup:

I'm 5'3", Asian and of slight build... I used to stay away from PTs because I felt they were too east-west on me - and the brand-new ones at the store usually are.

But when I was offered a Pourpre RH PT - I'd really wanted a City but couldn't locate one at that point - I decided to go with it... and it turned out to be just a total stunner. The leather was thick and soft so it was floppier than what I had tried on before, so it fit me just right and wasn't too wide at all. And I loved that the handles fit easily over my shoulder (which is the only way I carried it - don't really like the PT on the long strap, as I think it looks weird on me).

I eventually gave it up (only just) because I carry next to nothing and my tiny bits and pieces were just floating about inside the PT. The City is a better size for me, in that respect. But I thought the PT looked just as good on me as the City did (and it was REALLY hard for me to give it up).
Hi MichK,

I could graphically imagine the way you explained your PT... it looks really TDF in my head... too bad you had to give it up... Am sure it was a tough decision. Am still waiting for my Canard GC City and Raisin Twiggy to arrive (my 2nd and 3rd Bbag). And I just wanted to try the PT in case I need a roomier bag... thanks for the input.

I'll chime in here too...

I'm 5'5 and athletic build, with a short torso. I LOVE the PT style on me best out of all the Bal styles. I can wear it in so many ways and fit all my stuff inside. And as they break in they slouch soooo nicely. ITA that the PT style looks great with GH. It balances and does not overwhelm the bag. And I dont think they are heavy at all (but then again, I am used to super heavyweight Chloes).....

The only thing that keeps me from getting a city is that I cannot wear the city comfortably by the handles on my shoulder. I love carrying my PT on my shoulder by the handles when I am not carrying her in the crook of my arm-such a versatile bag! And cross body it sits perfectly on my hip.

Cyclade is a stunning color, and ITA that it is a dark enough color to not worry too much about dirt. I always treat my handles with Lovin My Bags For Handles Only product. Keeps the handles from picking up any oil from your hands and keeps their color as it should be!:nuts:

Hello, I'm new to Balenciaga and I was adviced to drop at the store to try and see the bags IRL. I'm 5.3 so the size of the bag matters for me too. I had PT's and City's in different colors in my hand (the cyclade is very, very tempting for me too!). The PT is really a nice size IMO but it's too wide for me due to my size. I tried the city and it's just perfect for me. Wish you luck in choosing your bag.

Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to reply in multiples

I just press quote into different tabs and copy and paste. Not sure if there is an easier way.

Anyways, I am not a PT or a Cyclade owner but a Bbag owner and would like to share my thoughts.

1. Will the size of it fit a 5'3" slim Asian frame or is it too big?

It may. I have seen it work but personally couldn't see myself in it as well as the city. I am 5'2 asian under 100lbs. I was debating between pt or city. Online, I was leaning toward the pt style. However, when I tried it at the boutique a few days ago, it looked wide on me and the sides seemed like it would get in the way. Plus, the seam down the middle isn't exactly attractive. I do think when it gets more worn in and slouchy it could turn out very well. In the end, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. I think it may be easier organizing things in the PT as things will not fall on top of each other when comparing to the city.

1. Will the color fade or change?

In time the color will be lighter.

2. Will the handles turn dark eventually?

Yes, I think its inevitable even though I try to not handle the handles that much. lol.

3. Does light color bags like this attract dirt easily?

I don't think cyclade is light in color and will be pretty easy to take care of. As long as you take care of it, it shouldn't get that dirty.

4. Do you really need extra effort to care for light colored bags?

I think so. Especially if it is really light like white. If it is something other than white I think there is less care involved. As long as you don't lay your bag down on a dirty place, I think you will be fine. I'm more concerned about keeping it moisturized than clean. My bag seems like its getting really dry, I just wish I knew what the best thing I can do for it is.

I am excited for your cyclade bag! I really love the color. Ooh, I see you have really nice bbags coming your way. Please do share when they come in.

Edit: What style did you buy for your other bags? Did you want a different style than those or have you not seen how they look on you yet?

Last edited:
I'll chime in here too...

I'm 5'5 and athletic build, with a short torso. I LOVE the PT style on me best out of all the Bal styles. I can wear it in so many ways and fit all my stuff inside. And as they break in they slouch soooo nicely. ITA that the PT style looks great with GH. It balances and does not overwhelm the bag. And I dont think they are heavy at all (but then again, I am used to super heavyweight Chloes).....

The only thing that keeps me from getting a city is that I cannot wear the city comfortably by the handles on my shoulder. I love carrying my PT on my shoulder by the handles when I am not carrying her in the crook of my arm-such a versatile bag! And cross body it sits perfectly on my hip.

Cyclade is a stunning color, and ITA that it is a dark enough color to not worry too much about dirt. I always treat my handles with Lovin My Bags For Handles Only product. Keeps the handles from picking up any oil from your hands and keeps their color as it should be!:nuts:

Hi Susan Lee, that's what I think I like in a PT, it's versatility when it comes to wearing it. I guess if you can wear it cross body with your height,
then it would fit me as well. Thanks for reassuring me that Cyclade is not as light a color as I think, just the thought of getting it dirty or having
ballpen marks really scares me...!

Hello, I'm new to Balenciaga and I was adviced to drop at the store to try and see the bags IRL. I'm 5.3 so the size of the bag matters for me too. I had PT's and City's in different colors in my hand (the cyclade is very, very tempting for me too!). The PT is really a nice size IMO but it's too wide for me due to my size. I tried the city and it's just perfect for me. Wish you luck in choosing your bag.

Thanks roundandround, I am a bit hesitant because the PT is wider, but I hope to see it IRL and if it does slouch when I carry it, I think it would be perfect that way. :yahoo:

...it looked wide on me and the sides seemed like it would get in the way. Plus, the seam down the middle isn't exactly attractive. I do think when it gets more worn in and slouchy it could turn out very well. In the end, I think it really just comes down to personal preference. I think it may be easier organizing things in the PT as things will not fall on top of each other when comparing to the city.

In time the color will be lighter.

Yes, I think its inevitable even though I try to not handle the handles that much. lol.

I think so. Especially if it is really light like white. If it is something other than white I think there is less care involved. As long as you don't lay your bag down on a dirty place, I think you will be fine. I'm more concerned about keeping it moisturized than clean. My bag seems like its getting really dry, I just wish I knew what the best thing I can do for it is.

I am excited for your cyclade bag! I really love the color. Ooh, I see you have really nice bbags coming your way. Please do share when they come in.

Edit: What style did you buy for your other bags? Did you want a different style than those or have you not seen how they look on you yet?

Hi Kai Lien, thanks for teaching me how to multi-quote. :happydance: Maybe you can teach me how to post large pics too?! :tup: Super thanks!!!

I like the idea of not having my things piled on top of each other because the PT is wider, thanks for pointing that one out. When you say the color may become lighter, will it be lighter as a whole? or lighter in patches like mapping? (yikes!) Is moisturizing enough to protect the bag? or should I use another product for the protecting part?

Will try to post some pics when they do come in. The wait is killing me. I have a Velo now and I'm waiting for the City and Twiggy to arrive. I have seen the City and Twiggy IRL and my only complaint was when I wear it only my shoulders, it just keeps on sliding off, but I guess like what you all mentioned, when it breaks in, this should not be a problem anymore?!? So, as for the PT I've never seen it IRL so I am absolutely clueless. But am very much tempted from the pics is see at TPF :graucho:

I'm also asian 5'3'' slim, and i love PT, its my favorite style esp with the GH,

the size is right, and fits just right amount of things. Also, when u wear cross body it is a little above hip, it works, but if it was just a LITTLE longer would be perfect, but I think thats personal preference. hope that helps.

I do think it's a personal preference for us shorter ladies. I'm toying with the idea of a PT myself for variety. I'm 5'2 and small frame as well, and in working with my SA, we both agree that on me, the darker colors in the PT style works best. It wasn't so east west long since it wasn't such a pop of color. She suggested that I wear heels as another solution.....com'on now, I don't want to have to wear heels everytime I use my PT or else risk looking like a little girl playing dress up with her mother's bag.

well I am also deciding between a GH City and a GH PT and I'm only 5 ft. tall. I have 3 City's , 2 First's and now deciding if I should get the PT GH for variety.
The thing that sealed the deal for me is the comment that you can wear it on your shoulder and that the darker colors would offset the east-west look of the bag so I'm going to cave in and order my first and only PT in a dark shade.
I hope this helps.

I do think it's a personal preference for us shorter ladies. I'm toying with the idea of a PT myself for variety. I'm 5'2 and small frame as well, and in working with my SA, we both agree that on me, the darker colors in the PT style works best. It wasn't so east west long since it wasn't such a pop of color. She suggested that I wear heels as another solution.....com'on now, I don't want to have to wear heels everytime I use my PT or else risk looking like a little girl playing dress up with her mother's bag.

hah, xoxomint, we'd do anything to blend in with our bag won't we? I guess "wearing the heels" part would be really tough for me haha, but if I could bear the pain, then I would... After looking at most of the pictures posted here at TPF, I think "WE" might be able to pull it off. I love it especially when it slouches and clings to your body, like second skin. I really hope to get to see one IRL. But I think I'm more inclined to get one now.

Hi its going to be HEAVY esp if you carry lots of stuff like me, but you get use to it.

Yeah, I thought it would, angelicskater16, I don't normally carry a lot of stuff with me, so I guess if I really fall in love with the GH I would get it instead of the RH. Thanks for giving me a heads up about the weight.

well I am also deciding between a GH City and a GH PT and I'm only 5 ft. tall. I have 3 City's , 2 First's and now deciding if I should get the PT GH for variety.
The thing that sealed the deal for me is the comment that you can wear it on your shoulder and that the darker colors would offset the east-west look of the bag so I'm going to cave in and order my first and only PT in a dark shade.
I hope this helps.

Hi pbdb, the darker shade of the PT does makes sense. The thought did enter my mind. ;)

hi bag'hem all,

I'm 5'3 and I also the owner of PT, you could see my mod pics in my reveal thread here: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/journey-finding-perfect-1st-bal-bag-end-here-566784.html

hope this helps :smile:

hiig1s, thanks for sharing pics of your PT, I really think the style is nice, it fits you well, the color too, I like.

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I finally got the PT in Cyclade, I really love the Style and the Pop of color on the Cyclade was just right. Thank you for all your help! :smooch: