Calling All Mon Mono Owners!

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Hi All,

I just learned that the mon mono speedy b is available to order from my boutique. I am thinking about ordering one. For those of you that own a mon mono item, how do you like it and would you recommend it? How has your piece stood the test of time? Thanks so much!:smile:

I am staying away, as much as I'd love to have one.

I have a mon mono nf gm. I carry it on trips, and it is my hockey mom bag, so it gets carried almost every weekend, but not daily.

It is not wearing well at all...I don't baby it, I just can't, I admit it sits on floors sometimes and in locker rooms, and when we're all traveling in the car it gets kind of smooshed between the seats, but I bought it to be used for this purpose- where else will I carry a gm nf? lol- so I just use it!

It must have sat on something pointy, because a few weeks ago I noticed that something had scratched a big scratch in the paint on the bottom. The paint is rubbing off in multiple spots. I think the worst looking thing is the way the color is showing through.

My colors are moutarde and ivoire- it looks like they painted the whole area with moutarde and then did the ivoire on top of it. The ivoire just seems to be fading away and the outarde shows through. It gives the ivoire part an almost blotchy look, you know?

So, I've had it less than a year, I didn't use it for several months after I got it, and have only used it as a weekend/ hockey/ travel bag and it looks like crap. I loooove speedy b, but I don't think I'd do a mon mono one. I like to be more carefree with my bags!

And don't get me wrong, I still love my mon mono, and I don't consider it "defective" I just think that it's a bag that isn't best to be used as an every day type bag, it requires more babying than I can give. :P

I've had my speedy 35 almost 3yrs and my neverfull gm 9months the 35 still looks great naturally I would expect the gm to still look great as it is less than a year old. I can tell you that over time I believe the bag will take on a crackled faded weathered look. I welcome it I love vintage I read about the paint process and I am sure if you call 866-Vuitton they can explain the process and what look the bag will eventually take on. I hope this helps with your decision making, I adore my mon monograms.