Call me NUTS! Not loving my Minilisa. Thoughts?

jadejett

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
Well,

This is the first time I've ever been disappointed. I'm really shocked! My Minilisa in Grape came yesterday and I was a little surprised by how shiny it is. It didn't really seem that way in the pics, but then again, I was going off a swatch.

However, the shine is a small detail. The bigger issue I'm having is the strap. The straps are folded down and stitched on each side of a ring - and because the strap is rather short, the seams sit square on the shoulder, and I find it to be hard, scratchy and irritating. I also notice that this bag doesn't stay put. Is anyone else having these types of troubles or is it just me? I'm wondering if there is a possibility that I received a defective bag. I was going to take it out today for a spin, but walking around the house before I left - it was just maddening, so I swapped my stuff out at the last second and left it behind. :sad: Boo. I've been eagerly waiting for months and I just wasn't expecting it to be anything less than comfortable as Tano usually is.

I looked into getting a replacement strap but Tano doesn't do this. Not sure what I can do barring cannibalizing (and ruining) an old Tano bag's "good" strap to use it as a replacement. I'm very hesitant to do this. I don't want to return it either as it's a $50 ding in shipping costs. I'd rather try to see if I can turn this bag into something usable.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that jadejett! I tried on a black minilisa in a store and felt the way you did. I expected the shiny part based on pics the girls posted here but the strap didn't stay put on my shoulder. I didn't notice the seams though and wonder if someone can post pics of what you mean.

Your cannibalizing comment brought a tear to my eye.....don't sacrifice a tano! If you are not happy I would exchange it (if the seam is a defect on your bag alone) or return it (if this is how they are made).

ETA: what did you think of the grape color? I have a grape boogie on the way and have yet to see this color IRL. Perhaps a boogie will be a better option for you??

Sorry you ladies are having these issues. Mine actually stays put and is comfortable. I've taken back plenty of purses because they wouldn't stay put on my shoulder. That is a deal breaker for me! It's weird how well some purses are perfect for one person, and the same purse doesn't fit someone else at all!

I'm sorry to hear you're dissappointed, jadejett. I have the same exact bag as you and I didn't notice any scratching on the shoulder and I've been wearing sleeveless tops all week due to warm weather. I would try to exchage it for something with a different strap. Good luck!

I have started off not liking the MiniLIsa, and than with all the hype, I reconsidered it. In the end I went with my gut. It just isn't my style. Although I adore hobos, I prefer TANO's other hobos. I'm sorry the strap is not comfortable, but instead of cannibalizing the bag, I would return or sell it. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

>ETA: what did you think of the grape color? I have a grape boogie on the way and have yet to see this color IRL. Perhaps a boogie will be a better option for you??

The problem is that the Grape is sold out, and even if it wasn't, I suspect that the strap is a design flaw not specific to the bag I received alone. I'd hate to get a replacement bag only to find out that it still had the same problem. That's why I'm relying on your feedback girls! :yes:

I thought if I went to a leather shop with another strap they could put it on for me and I'd be able to enjoy my new bag. I really like the size and shape of it, it's quite lightweight too. Alex also mentioned that the shine will fade a bit, so that's not a huge problem. The colour itself is gorgeous. I have a boogie already so I don't want to get another one in a different colour. The boogie has quite a nice strap tho. Hmm.... :lol:

I see what you mean now! Thanks for the link!

Hmmm perhaps this style is just not for you. I wanted to like it too but it wasn't for me either after trying it on. I personally wouldn't go through all the trouble of having a new strap put on it. I would just return it and buy a different bag.

Awhhh sorry you don't like it!!! Mine is very comfortable and stays put on my shoulder for the most part. Perhaps, because grape is such a wonderful color this season you could just sell it on ebay? Otherwise... just replacing a strap might be the way to go... you wouldn't have to ruin the bag because the strap is attached to the rings so that might work! I hope you can figure out something to salvage your bag or be able to sell it... $50 in shipping costs ugh... that sucks!

Eeks! I just saw the $50 shipping cost to return it! Hmmm don't return it. I would sell it on ebay. That bag is a hot color and style so it should do well. If you think someone can replace the strap without too much expense or trouble, it might be worth a try.

:sad:Aww what a shame....and the shipping :Push:... I would not try to change out the strap, personally.

Last ditch effort could be eBay.

Not every bag is for everyone....I'm sorry your Minilisa isn't your favorite bag.

Thanks for this post. I was considering a minilisa, but I like strap room. I've got a grape boogie coming and my blueberry one isnt even broken in yet. I would also try to sell it and not eat those 50 bucks.

That does suck~ however, I don't seem to have any problems with my bag. The straps were stiff at first, but i've been carrying it every single day since i've received mine (it's been about 1.5 weeks) and it's actually a lot smoother/flexible.

Maybe you should try getting it replaced and see how that one works out for you~and if it's still the same, i would say the best thing to do is sell off e-bay or maybe a consignment store.