cake tote!

Morisa

Nov 5, 2011
Yay! I was sad that I missed out on the "Eat Cake for Breakfast" Terry tote last year when it came out. But I managed to snag it in the sample sale this morning! :smile:

S0KvHt4.jpg

Just wanted to share my happy news with all of you! Hope some of you pick up some items you've been eyeing for awhile today!

It arrived today!

0PaJk9th.jpg

I didn't realize that the "indents" on the bag are intentional -- they are sewn down. Not sure if I "love" that, but the bag is certainly roomy enough to haul all my junk (think 3" 3-ring binders, books, etc.) so I'm happy. Wonder if I need to scotch guard the canvas to be waterproof?

eJ52Gf5h.jpg

So cute! I'm debating on one of those types of totes myself. I wouldn't like the permanent folds either- depending on if the lining is also sewn down (and how many stitches are holding it down) I'd just take a seam ripper and carefully take out the stitches that keep it folded. (if there were only 2-3)

So cute! I'm debating on one of those types of totes myself. I wouldn't like the permanent folds either- depending on if the lining is also sewn down (and how many stitches are holding it down) I'd just take a seam ripper and carefully take out the stitches that keep it folded. (if there were only 2-3)

I think there are only 2 stitches on each side holding it down (although i'm not 100% sure). The lining is not fully sewn down, but it's also not "folded" where the fold is -- that is, if you were to take out the outside stitches that are tacking down the folds, i'm not sure the lining would be able to extend fully vertical since there isn't as much lining material on the inside. does that make any sense?

I think there are only 2 stitches on each side holding it down (although i'm not 100% sure). The lining is not fully sewn down, but it's also not "folded" where the fold is -- that is, if you were to take out the outside stitches that are tacking down the folds, i'm not sure the lining would be able to extend fully vertical since there isn't as much lining material on the inside. does that make any sense?

Yeah, it makes sense. And what a bummer! ): That kind of changes my mind about loving the bag since it can't be unfolded.

Yeah, it makes sense. And what a bummer! ): That kind of changes my mind about loving the bag since it can't be unfolded.

Hmm. I went back and looked at the lining again. It's definitely not tacked down to the lining, so it's possible you could remove the tack stitches and "expand" the bag. I have zero spatial skills though, so I really can't tell if you'd have enough lining to unfold the bag fully after removing the tack stitches, but i *think* you do.