Caiisa Wallet

BB8

Jan 22, 2016
So I picked up my online order Caiisa wallet today at the boutique. This is my first LV wallet: can anyone tell me if the card slots are supposed to be this loose when new? Based on You Tube vids I recall people saying LV card slots are tight but loosen up with use. I also noticed a scuff on the snap button. The SA that prepared it for me said it's not a return when I asked him. The date code also says it was made in the 36th week of September 2018.
My Chanel products have always come with protective coverings on the CC logos, paper cards in the credit card slots, and tissue paper in the interior to protect the inside. Again, it's my first LV wallet so I'm not sure if LV normally packs their wallets with all of the aforementioned protection and left it out this time, or if this is the norm. Anyone familiar with the Caiisa wallet or LV long wallets in general, your feedback would be appreciated.

Sadly, I am hesitant to return this only because it's sold out, but I know it's ridiculous to spend so much on something that looks used.IMG_20190305_234834.jpgIMG_20190305_234903.jpg

So I picked up my online order Caiisa wallet today at the boutique. This is my first LV wallet: can anyone tell me if the card slots are supposed to be this loose when new? Based on You Tube vids I recall people saying LV card slots are tight but loosen up with use. I also noticed a scuff on the snap button. The SA that prepared it for me said it's not a return when I asked him. The date code also says it was made in the 36th week of September 2018.
My Chanel products have always come with protective coverings on the CC logos, paper cards in the credit card slots, and tissue paper in the interior to protect the inside. Again, it's my first LV wallet so I'm not sure if LV normally packs their wallets with all of the aforementioned protection and left it out this time, or if this is the norm. Anyone familiar with the Caiisa wallet or LV long wallets in general, your feedback would be appreciated.

Sadly, I am hesitant to return this only because it's sold out, but I know it's ridiculous to spend so much on something that looks used.View attachment 4364519View attachment 4364520
I ended up returning this wallet. I decided I would stalk it again and see if the cards would be in my favor. I did locate it at 3 stores in my state! However, the lovely lady at CS who helped me, called the different locations while she had me on hold, and sadly came back to tell me she was told none of the 3 wallets were in sellable condition. Up until last week, I basically gave up on the cherry Caissa, and became open to the RB version, while also looking into the Emilie wallet in Empriente as it had the same layout. Then, low and behold the Caissa in RB became available online, and I snagged it before it went unavailable again! Just received it this week, and it's actually perfect! The weird thing is, it came with this little sticker showing a 2019 date, which I was ecstatic about. But then I looked at the date code inside the wallet and it says it was made in the 6th week of 2018. Weird, so my wallet is over a year old? I tried asking CS about it, but he sidestepped my question and basically said LV doesn't sell returns or items that have been repaired. Just strange to me that it's so perfect yet has been sitting somewhere for over a year. Anyway, here she is. I am still thinking about the Empriente wallet, but need to keep myself in check, as I cannot justify buying 2 wallets back to back, especially since I binged on wallet-buying over the last year and have way too many now.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1558647524387.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1558647524387.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 118
  • PhotoGrid_1558647653569.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1558647653569.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 118
  • PhotoGrid_1558647300771.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1558647300771.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: cherrifoam
I have the cherry one and when I purchased it the card slots were loose, more so than my compact wallets and did not have any stickers. It's a beautiful wallet.
Oh, lucky you getting this color before it sold out! I'm glad things worked out for you. As for me, I think I will settle for the RB. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely color, but my first choice was the cherry: just something about that combo.
May I ask when yours was made relative to when you bought yours, and did yours come with the informational paper sticker (pls see my last post above yours)?
*(If the white info sticker is what you referred to above when you said yours didn't come with stickers, sorry to clarify. Just wasn't sure if you were referring to the hardware sticker or not)