Bottega Veneta Cabat Owners (and Future Owners) United

After struggling for several years to find a BV blue that would work with most of my blues, I now realize that I probably should have been looking for a complementary color all along. This bag won't go with everything, of course, but I figure that my peltro cabat and nuvolato tote can round things out.
I think you're absolutely right, it's the perfect complimentary colour for you.
Congrats Diane, it's really lovely. :flowers:

It's incredibly beautiful!! Great score, Diane!! Enjoy!!
:ps:
This color/bag combination is timeless. I can't believe I've yet to get anything in Barolo. Well done Diane!
Beautiful! I was very tempted by the Barolo cabat too. Well, not just the cabat... I want many items in the color.

I have sent a few items to ML and have only had great success. Wonderful experience! Just mention the year and the color and they can restore the color nicely.

Thank you! The members on this forum are a great source of inspiration. I was on the fence about it when Grietje finally told me to pull the trigger. I have to say that having a couple of fellow BVettes who I can go to for advice is extremely helpful. I think it's also a lesson for me to be open to changes that I stumble upon.

I should preface this reveal by saying that I never expected to purchase a Barolo cabat. However, I noticed that my Gigolo Red clutch went with nearly everything in my closet and that color borders on Barolo. In the past year, I have been purchasing more navy, khaki, and of course, gray clothing. I finally realized that a contrasting neutral would be a good addition and then stumbled across this bag online.

I think you made an excellent choice, diane278! It sounds like you've found your go-to color. It took me a while to find "my" colors for bags--ones that would look good on me without needing to color-match with clothing, where the color just stands on its own. Thanks for the inspiration photos, and enjoy your Barolo Cabat!

I should preface this reveal by saying that I never expected to purchase a Barolo cabat. However, I noticed that my Gigolo Red clutch went with nearly everything in my closet and that color borders on Barolo. In the past year, I have been purchasing more navy, khaki, and of course, gray clothing. I finally realized that a contrasting neutral would be a good addition and then stumbled across this bag online.
View attachment 3698731
It is in great condition, being a year old, with a tiny spot on the bottom and a bit of rubbing on one handle. I may send it off to Modern Leather eventually, since BV_LV Poodle got such great results with her experience there. But, I don't seem to do much quickly these days. These photos were taken indoors with my iPad and I did not use a color balancer to adjust for the "warm" tint that my iPad and phone seem to add.
I have tried to show it with several combinations, but again, the photos are more yellow than irl. During the summer, I wear washed linen tunics and dresses almost exclusively due to the hotter than h**l climate here. But I just realized I didn't include those photos.
View attachment 3698734
Gray suede jacket, navy tunic, khaki linen pants and Merlot Vans.
Surprise, surprise....I have been wearing more sneakers than TOM's. I know. It's a crazy thing! :confused1:
(I ordered the Barolo velvet slippers but my feet weren't happy in them.)
View attachment 3698737
Navy top and tan linen maxi skirt.
View attachment 3698738
Long gray tunic and white jeans. Looking at this photo, I'd probably wear gray or navy Vans with this outfit.
So this is why I ventured into new territory. After struggling for several years to find a BV blue that would work with most of my blues, I now realize that I probably should have been looking for a complementary color all along. This bag won't go with everything, of course, but I figure that my peltro cabat and nuvolato tote can round things out.
I am NOT going to buy a Barolo pillow bag.

Diane, the colour is outstanding and co-ordinates very nicely with your wardrobe, enjoy.

View attachment 3698731
It is in great condition, being a year old, with a tiny spot on the bottom and a bit of rubbing on one handle. I may send it off to Modern Leather eventually, since BV_LV Poodle got such great results with her experience there. But, I don't seem to do much quickly these days. These photos were taken indoors with my iPad and I did not use a color balancer to adjust for the "warm" tint that my iPad and phone seem to add.
I have tried to show it with several combinations, but again, the photos are more yellow than irl. During the summer, I wear washed linen tunics and dresses almost exclusively due to the hotter than h**l climate here. But I just realized I didn't include those photos.
View attachment 3698734
Surprise, surprise....I have been wearing more sneakers than TOM's. I know. It's a crazy thing! :confused1:
View attachment 3698737
View attachment 3698738
Long gray tunic and white jeans. Looking at this photo, I'd probably wear gray or navy Vans with this outfit.
So this is why I ventured into new territory. After struggling for several years to find a BV blue that would work with most of my blues, I now realize that I probably should have been looking for a complementary color all along. This bag won't go with everything, of course, but I figure that my peltro cabat and nuvolato tote can round things out.
Beautiful :nuts: I want one too :P

I think so. All three are very walkable cities - Seattle having the most hills. Timeframe sounds reasonable. I'm assuming you've got the car for the entire trip and you're taking the ferry back to Seattle from Victoria?

Please feel free to send me a pm if you want any advice for any of the cities re: hotels, places to eat, shop, hike, walk, etc.
Thanks so much for the offer of advice. I did try to pm you but for some reason it wouldn't send. Would you mind sending me a PM?

I never expected to purchase a Barolo cabat.

Diane, Barolo is truly stunning in the cabat. The color is so versatile. I recall really liking the color when I saw it in the small Olimpia. I used to own a tote and sneakers in the same shade and they do go with most outfits. Congrats on your purchase. I think you made all of us want something in Barolo now.

View attachment 3698731
View attachment 3698734
View attachment 3698737
View attachment 3698738
Sigh...not a style I've ever thought I could carry but it is so beautiful...I do think barolo is a go with every neutral colour, simply gorgeous.

View attachment 3698731
View attachment 3698734
View attachment 3698737
View attachment 3698738
I was lucky to see the Barolo
Cabat in person, and it is fabulous. It really does match perfectly with your wardrobe. Congratulations on your brand new Cabat, @diane278!