BV Lovers, talk to me about this bag...

hi, off the top of my head this is what I remember about this bag..It is large, the color is called pergament, which you can see in the BV color thread under whites.. there is a metallic thread running through the braided strap as well as around the piping..the bag is at least 3 years old, possibly 4-5..I know there were wallets done in this color and pattern..maybe some others can chime in here....

Good memory, prestwick! It's Cervo leather from the Spring-Summer 2007 collection. Color is Pergamena and retail was $3200.

I have a pair of BV flats in Pergamena and it's a nice creamy color. For myself, I know that a bag in this color would never stay clean. Maybe the braided handle would resist discoloration better than other style handles.

Since I'm frugal, to me $1800 is a lot for a 3 year old bag that isn't in mint condition, but it's always a personal opinion. I think it was overpriced to begin with back in 2007.

I have a smaller shoulder bag in this braided cervo styling. The braided trim is a grey patent, and the pergamena color is slightly chalky with cool grey undertones instead of a creamy vanilla if that matters. Cervo seems more impervious to dirt than nappa - but I agree the price is high especially for the condition described - they do come along on occasion for substantially less. I also recall comments that this bag was quite over-sized even more than expected - some people can pull that off very well! Good luck!

blugenie, it's interesting that Pergamena shows a different color in shoes v. bag. I suspect it has to do with the shoes being woven Nappa, and the bag is Cervo.

I haven't found dimensions for the bag, but in the catalog it's photographed next to a normal sized handbag and it does look very large. I wish the catalogs had measurements.

boxermom interesting difference in the pergamena in nappa - I never got to see it. I realize I have a marmo nappa bag and they are almost identical shades with the cervo having a hint more grey. I love the styling of this hobo - so dramatic!

Ooooh, thanks for the replies! I agree that $1800 IS a lot for a 3 y.o. bag not in mint condition. I love it (a lot) but I'm going to need to find some pics or something with it next to a bag I'm familiar with, or being worn (there is a pic on an armless model - is that really how big it is or is that a small-scale model?). I'm 5 foot 5/small framed so I can't *easily* pull off those huuuge hobos. But. Darnit. I'm in love! And I do also love the colour. Oh. Dilemma.

Does anyone know if the website it's listed on (Annsfabfinds) barters? I'm thinking of offering a lower price...

Ooh, I knew I could dredge up something! :biggrin: I was such a fan of this line I read all the threads... here's one about the bag from our dear catabie who is also 5'5" (but who was also 9-months wide at the time LOL!) Photos at the bottom of page 1. Keep in mind it appears the bag is empty which makes it look larger - it would look smaller weighted down and draped.

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/decision-decision-decision-help-183513.html

As for Ann's, I don't know if they generally barter but they did offer me a lower price once on an eBay listing that had ended unsold. It wouldn't hurt to ask since I think they will need to reduce it at some point.

Wow, thanks for the link, that bag IS huge. It's not huge enough to put me off completely but it is definitely making me think twice about the cost. I think I'll try offering a lower price. Thanks for all your help!!!