BV Lauren 1980 Clutch

@diane278 love your "cousins"! ;) Ironically, @Seeeca and I actually ARE cousins, and our bags are too!:lol:

Finding it awesome that this thread just started less than a month ago - a sign this bag is a true classic! Is it just me or we all just snapping up the old/classic BVs? :graucho: I'm also wondering if we can get one of each color/leather the Lauren came in on this thread... hope we see more shared here soon!

View attachment 4775138
I love your Lauren I've been searching for this one on the pre-loved market for the past year!

Reactions: jbags07
What do you all think of the patterned Laurens? I've seen the Aqua/Nero checkered, and this one - assuming it's Mist/Nero. But nobody here seems to have one? I've long had a thing for this design... I almost had a checkered card case but Yoox sold out. Just for posterity, am also including a pic of the aqua/nero check...

Thoughts?

lauren_clutch.jpgd4a478a471a974a4407b25de80ee8ae7.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
What do you all think of the patterned Laurens? I've seen the Aqua/Nero checkered, and this one - assuming it's Mist/Nero.

I think one of the BVettes has the aqua version. I normally love black and white but the mist colorway strikes me as trickier to wear. I’m thinking J, is this you? We’ve not seen each other in years so your style may have evolved, but I’m wondering if the mist is too fussy for you. For some reason, the aqua doesn’t give off that vibe.

I think one of the BVettes has the aqua version. I normally love black and white but the mist colorway strikes me as trickier to wear. I’m thinking J, is this you? We’ve not seen each other in years so your style may have evolved, but I’m wondering if the mist is too fussy for you. For some reason, the aqua doesn’t give off that vibe.
Nah, I'm still me. Minimal, if any, style. LOL. Seriously though, that gives me something to think on. I was really excited about the card case but that's much smaller... and only 'stored', in the sense that it gets put in my bag and left alone 75% of the time. Good point, m'lady!

What do you all think of the patterned Laurens? I've seen the Aqua/Nero checkered, and this one - assuming it's Mist/Nero. But nobody here seems to have one? I've long had a thing for this design... I almost had a checkered card case but Yoox sold out. Just for posterity, am also including a pic of the aqua/nero check...

Thoughts?

View attachment 5446003View attachment 5446050
It's beautiful! I love this style too, and have often considered the Aqua/Nero colorway. I think it would look good with some of my inlay jewelry, but I'm also concerned it may compete with it. It may eventually go on the wish list, but would prefer to add the Gigolo Red Lauren to my collection first.

The Mist/Nero colorway would add a nice contrast to an all black outfit, though. I bet it would look great with several gray tones too.

Thoughts?

View attachment 5446003View attachment 5446050

I have the Aqua Nero Version, I love it to death. I usually wear it once or twice a month as I am rotating it with my other clutches (Rn my current obsession is my Moynat Vanity Box). Also because of this bag, I impulsively bought the suit from the runway :lol: I bought them on sale however.