BV Handle Bag

Hello!

I've only ever posted on authentication threads (where you have all graciously helped me enter the BV world), but have lurked here and there and recently enjoyed reading about your outlet hauls! Sad to have missed those sales! Been bitten by the BV again lately and doing major (online) window shopping.

Does anyone have information or have seen the Handle Bag in person or virtual appointment? I haven't been too enthused with any of the designs from the new creative director, but this caught my eye. In fact, I've been on a hunt for several preloved TM designs- a chain knot, convertible, cabat, and nodini. However, this tote is reminiscent of the slouched look of a medium convertible. Price is eek though!

Thanks!

20201012_212928.jpg

20201012_212917.jpg

20201012_212904.jpg

20201012_212853.jpg

20201012_212835.jpg

Thanks for posting these photos - I too haven't been excited by what I've seen since the new Director came on board but this one looks very nice. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others that have been able to see this in person.

I LOVE this bag and have had it on my wish list since I first saw photos last spring. I'm really worried about it not having a liner, though. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone for your replies :smile:

I don't mind the idea of no lining as cabats have no lining either and appear to be quite durable. However this is a different design so a lack of lining may affect the durability. No lining would lighten the weight of the bag. For some reason the puffiness of the leather makes it appear like a heavy bag for its size, even empty, but I can't speak on if that's true.

While I find the suede lining of many BV bags to be quite luxurious, I've struggled to maintain the texture and cleanliness of suede especially in larger bags I use for travel where I'm more likely to carry food, makeup, etc., so this bag would be less of a worry in that respect. Still, ceteris paribus, suede lining (or any leather lining) adds to the craftsmanship of a bag and for me, helps to justify the cost. Despite its beauty, I'm still on the fence as the price seems inflated, with or without lining.

If you take the plunge to purchase or see the bag in person, let us know!

Thanks everyone for your replies :smile:

I don't mind the idea of no lining as cabats have no lining either and appear to be quite durable. However this is a different design so a lack of lining may affect the durability. No lining would lighten the weight of the bag. For some reason the puffiness of the leather makes it appear like a heavy bag for its size, even empty, but I can't speak on if that's true.

While I find the suede lining of many BV bags to be quite luxurious, I've struggled to maintain the texture and cleanliness of suede especially in larger bags I use for travel where I'm more likely to carry food, makeup, etc., so this bag would be less of a worry in that respect. Still, ceteris paribus, suede lining (or any leather lining) adds to the craftsmanship of a bag and for me, helps to justify the cost. Despite its beauty, I'm still on the fence as the price seems inflated, with or without lining.

If you take the plunge to purchase or see the bag in person, let us know!
Thanks so much for your answer. I agree that the price point seems a little high and that the lining would make the bag seem more "finished". I also worry about something poking through, but it's probably not a concern. I'd have to see it in person.

I haven't seen this one in person. I was afraid to go to the boutique last time I went to the city because I might do an impulse buy on this bag. Would anyone comment if this is a weave inside and out (like The Cabat)? I am intrigued about the craftsmanship and the padded leather used. The colors in the website appear so rich!

Like you, I also think that this bag is similar like medium convertible. I first saw this bag on BG's personal shopper IG. The bag was on display along with Loro Piana camel hat. I fell in love instantly,however, I also wondering if the technique of Cabat double weaving is applied in this bag. I believe there is small size of this bag which around $3700. Not exactly cheap, but easier to swallow than $4600. The small size doesn't seem too small, more like regular size bag.