Buying OPI on ebay?

Jun 26, 2007
Hey guys,

I noticed that they sell a ton of OPI nailpolish on ebay. I even found lots of nailpolish...up to 20-25 full size bottles. Has anyone ever bought OPI on ebay before? Good experience? Bad experience? Do you reccomend buying on ebay?

Right now I'm looking at a lot of 6 from the Russian Collection for about $20 minus shipping and a lot of 5 random pink colors for about $15 minus shipping. Low price points but the seller is showing real photos, not stock photos and they are new with the wrapping on the brush handle.

How are you supposed to know how old the nail polish is? I should probably email the seller. I guess I'm just worried that these are bottles that have been sitting around for 7-8 months and getting all gooey and sticky.

I bought some Chanel polish on ebay last year and either of them are right. I tried them both once and immideatly removed it, It was very runny and gooey

I bought OPI on Ebay because I wanted a discontinued color. It was great and is still great. I'll look on my feedback and let you know who the seller was.

Nail polish doesn't really expire... An unopened bottle of polish, even if it's a couple years old, should be fine if it doesn't look separated or weird. As long as the texture is still good, it's fine to use.

yeah, it is a crap shoot. i have gotten opi discontinued polishes that are fine. then, i got some chanel that were opened and gooey and you stated. there isn't a promise it will be perfect.

I don't think you should have a problem with new, seal bottles of OPI even if they are a few months old. I have some OPI polishes already for 1-2 years that are still good and not thick & gooey