Buying myself an engagement ring? (Just for fun)

I bought myself a diamond solitaire, I wear it on either hand. I have no plans to ever get married, and my boyfriend feels the same way.

Do what you want. Like somebody said, it is not an engagement ring it is just a diamond ring.

This as well! I have heaps of nice diamond rings that I wear on my right hand, people always ask if my boyfriend gave it to me, and sometimes I think "Why can't I just have a nice ring?".

Buy the ring, just don't wear it on your engagement finger :smile:

My vote is to go ahead and wear it on which ever finger you feel like at the moment. It's only a ring. Personally I'm constantly switching my rings around and changing them, including my diamond (which btw, I bought). Sometimes it's with my wedding band, sometimes it's not. The only one that stays constant is my wedding band (which btw, HE bought and placed on my finger at our wedding.)

I absolutely hate wearing rings on my right hand, accept my index finger but still not a fan. My ring finger on my left hand therefore has to carry the bourdon of all rings, that includes fashion gems and odd creations.

You can imagine the comments I get (since I'm married), like...YOU WEAR THAT RING ON THAT FINGER, WHERE IS UR WEDDING RING?..aaaaa at home, I'm sporting THIS ring today?

I absolutely hate wearing rings on my right hand, accept my index finger but still not a fan. My ring finger on my left hand therefore has to carry the bourdon of all rings, that includes fashion gems and odd creations.

You can imagine the comments I get (since I'm married), like...YOU WEAR THAT RING ON THAT FINGER, WHERE IS UR WEDDING RING?..aaaaa at home, I'm sporting THIS ring today?

Agree!! I'm not married but I like my left hand ring finger and am pretty sure I'll continue to wear non-wedding jewelry on that finger even after I'm married

I think it's ok to buy yourself a right hand ring with diamonds! Just purchased a Tiffany Soleste with a fancy intense yellow diamond for myself, even if it is usually seen as an engagement ring. I want one big diamond for an engagement ring anyways, so I don't think it will conflict.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397946285.756184.jpg

I think it's ok to buy yourself a right hand ring with diamonds! Just purchased a Tiffany Soleste with a fancy intense yellow diamond for myself, even if it is usually seen as an engagement ring. I want one big diamond for an engagement ring anyways, so I don't think it will conflict.

View attachment 2585822

That is a beautiful ring!

Op- it is perfectly fine to buy yourself a ring :smile: just don't wear it on your engagement finger.

View attachment 2585822

That yellow diamond & setting looks fabulous on your hand! (& I hope you get the one big diamond one day, too:smile:)

You should do whatever pleases you and makes you happy. Wearing a ring on your left ring finger won't ruin it if you ever get engaged. I wore rings on that finger all the time before I was married. Maybe people thought it was weird. Who knows, but it never stopped me.