Buying my first Chanel handbag...

Thanks everyone! Well, I went to Chanel yesterday and could not get over the more classic purse with the stiffer leather (in beige). What does everyone think? Is this very practical? What does everyone think about this bag in black?

Thanks!!!

I'm guessing your mean the classic flap, and the stiffer leather being the caviar one? I think that would be a GREAT first Chanel! I'm hoping to have a classic flap as well as my first - it's the ultimate Chanel bag and has been around since 1955... you can't go wrong with it. I think it looks best in the medium size, and will easily go from day to night.

Both the tan and black would be safe first colors to get!

petit noe said:
Thanks everyone! Well, I went to Chanel yesterday and could not get over the more classic purse with the stiffer leather (in beige). What does everyone think? Is this very practical? What does everyone think about this bag in black?

Thanks!!!

It's practical if it's caviar and you don't tend to carry much.
The flaps don't accomodate many items inside so for alot of us they aren't practical or they're not used for everyday.
I like to carry a lot, or not a lot but I carry a big wallet so I tend to need totes.

The Black Classic Flap is . . . well . . . Classic!

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
It's practical if it's caviar and you don't tend to carry much.
The flaps don't accomodate many items inside so for alot of us they aren't practical or they're not used for everyday.
I like to carry a lot, or not a lot but I carry a big wallet so I tend to need totes.

The Black Classic Flap is . . . well . . . Classic!
Agree with Swanky! I love the bag but it wouldn't be something that I carried everday because my gigantic wallet, cosmetic case, sunglass case and other little pouch I use for receipts and stuff would never fit!

Love the classic flap! I am thinking of the east-west for my first Chanel but the classic flap would be great. I don't carry a lot and have a small wallet (card case really) so it would work for me. :flowers: