Buying Loewe in Tokyo

y0g1

Apr 4, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am traveling to Japan next month but will be there for only 2 days. Can anyone please help me here with any sale associate contact info or any pre-loved stores I should watch out for.
I am looking to buy a Loewe puzzle bag in small size in Caramel

Hi everyone,
I am traveling to Japan next month but will be there for only 2 days. Can anyone please help me here with any sale associate contact info or any pre-loved stores I should watch out for.
I am looking to buy a Loewe puzzle bag in small size in Caramel
You could take the advantage of checking Loewe.com and see whether the bag you're eyeing is in stock. I did this before coming to Tokyo last two weeks and it had saved me so much time by going to specific branch (cuz they have plenty in Tokyo). Pic below for reference
1711511451123.png1711511486635.png

Reactions: _jlv and y0g1
Two stores to check out would be Casa Loewe Ginza and the newly renovated Loewe at Omotesando, I find that the Casa tends to have more seasonal items in stock. Our SA in Tokyo has sadly left the company and moved onto Cartier, but I do have the contact details of her colleague if you really do need one. I believe she's only contactable on Line for now though.

Reactions: yuzulife and _jlv
You could take the advantage of checking Loewe.com and see whether the bag you're eyeing is in stock. I did this before coming to Tokyo last two weeks and it had saved me so much time by going to specific branch (cuz they have plenty in Tokyo). Pic below for reference
View attachment 5973438View attachment 5973439

Ohh thank you for this great tip @pheebspurse Did you end up buying the bag though. I must say the green color looks lovely

Two stores to check out would be Casa Loewe Ginza and the newly renovated Loewe at Omotesando, I find that the Casa tends to have more seasonal items in stock. Our SA in Tokyo has sadly left the company and moved onto Cartier, but I do have the contact details of her colleague if you really do need one. I believe she's only contactable on Line for now though.

That would be great @despair if you can DM me the details of the SA. Maybe he/she is still in touch with someone who still works at Loewe.

The color I am looking for Caramel actually comes with a gold hardware whereas most stores stock the Tan color which comes with a silver hardware. So I really want to save time (and money ofcourse) buying the gold hardware version of the bag

View attachment 5973438View attachment 5973439
highly recommend doing this too and wish i had done this on my trip. I was at omotesando and casa loewe shibuya when suna fujita dropped and it seemed like most items actually go to the shinjuku store when I was asking about certain things. def helpful to check the site

Reactions: yuzulife
That would be great @despair if you can DM me the details of the SA. Maybe he/she is still in touch with someone who still works at Loewe.

The color I am looking for Caramel actually comes with a gold hardware whereas most stores stock the Tan color which comes with a silver hardware. So I really want to save time (and money ofcourse) buying the gold hardware version of the bag
Hello, I just checked my last convo with the SA that left and she gave me a name but no contact details. I will DM you my ex-SA's number though I am not sure if she's still using it. Hope that helps!

I just returned back from Tokyo a few days ago. I bought a mini Flamenco at the department store in Ginza. If you get a foreign card, you will also get an extra 5% off. With this 5% and the Vat, I saved a lot of money! To get this foreign card, all you need is your passport. They will write your name on the card as it is written on your passport- super easy. I also went to the store in Omotesando but it was so busy that I left because I didn’t want to continue waiting for a SA.

I just returned back from Tokyo a few days ago. I bought a mini Flamenco at the department store in Ginza. If you get a foreign card, you will also get an extra 5% off. With this 5% and the Vat, I saved a lot of money! To get this foreign card, all you need is your passport. They will write your name on the card as it is written on your passport- super easy. I also went to the store in Omotesando but it was so busy that I left because I didn’t want to continue waiting for a SA.

Woww thank you so much for this super tip! I think I am going to buy a lot more than I intend to in Japan thank you so much everyone.

So glad I am part of such an amazing community.

It should be the Mitsukoshi group which includes Isetan and Mitsukoshi department stores. There’s good and bad to the departmental store discounts - you can get the 5% off but the range is generally a bit more limited (and also it seems the Hankyu discount did not apply to Loewe while I believe both the Mitsukoshi and Takashimaya discounts did), and when you shop at departmental stores the tax back is handled by Globalblue which means they take a small cut off the tax free and also the refund to your credit card is subject usually to another FX commission haircut. At the Loewe stores themselves it’s an outright 10% tax back means you simply pay the tax free pricing. No right or wrong honestly but the pricing is very good especially if your currency is strong. For Singapore the price differential can be almost up to S$900 or more for a proper bag.