Buying from the Addison Collection

tesmama

Sep 5, 2008
I was wondering if anyone had an experience buying from the Addison Collection. How is their return policy if I do not like the bag? Thanks

***Still searching for my perfect first Tano***

I live in the next town to where that store is. I work in a clothing store, so everytime I tried to go to the addison, it was closed - nights or sundays. I work saturdays .
I don't know anything about their return policy. But the store itself is gorgeous. Very upscale. They carry gift items, furniture and handbags. I know they are a very big seller or mary frances bags. Why not call them and ask?

I bought a wallet from them last spring. I would buy again from them, though off the top of my mind I don't know their return policy. It is usually the first thing I check from on on-line vendor.

Just judging by their site, they seem to be inflating the prices just to mark them down, which is not really any indication of their service, it just makes me go "tsk tsk". :amuse:

Here is their return policy found on their site under "Info". The changing of the font color is mine to indicate the parts I don't like very much.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Refund and Return Policy:
All Returns must be authorized and approved or they will be refused at the warehouse: Email
[email protected] for authorization and approval.
We accept returns within a 15-day period for a refund or exchange; except closeouts, clearance items, specials, overstocks, personalization's, sized items (such as rings), Stemware and Fine China, items ordered in quantities of more than 5, and or special order items. No exchanges or refunds after 15 days. All merchandise must be returned in new, mint condition (including the vendors box) with all original packaging and tags to be eligible for a refund. On items shipped free, we will deduct the original shipping charge. Unfortunately we do not refund shipping charges. Refunds will be made in the same manner the original purchase was made less service fee and or restocking fee.. Orders over $500 are subject to a 25% restocking fee. Closeouts, Specials, Sized Items (like rings), Stemware (for more information about handmade crystal see below). and Fine China and Overstocks are final sale. Lladro Privilege Membership and Sculptures, or Limited Editions are not returnable or refundable. Seasonal item, such as ornaments, are not returnable. There is a $7.50 processing fee on all returns. If a item is returned that is claimed as damaged and it is not damaged the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges and a re-stocking fee.
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]Me again: That last part makes no sense. So then unscrupulous people will damage the bag just to not have to pay shipping? :confused1:[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

*FYI*

I called the Addison Collection today to ask about their return policy. Here it is: 15 day return policy; $7.50 re-processing fee; if shipping was free the cost will be deducted from purchase price. (You would not know shipping cost until you want to return.)

I would have to think about twice about ordering from them not only because of their return policy but because I found their site to be misleading. The way it is set up it makes you think that all the bags are available. It only states on the main page for Tano fall bags that they may be on order. The sales man could not even give me a delivery date for the amethyst Carte Blanche. :tdown:

Places like Best Buy charge a restocking fee when you make a big electronics purchase. I hardly see how that applies to purses. Thanks for stating their return policy, I agree that it seems a bit tough. I'll probably avoid buying from this site.