Buying from Outlets to re sell on eBay

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
I am curious to know whether it's just me of if others have noticed a seller on eBay who seems to have a lot of new Mulberry Purses to sell as well as other items. They are current and older models and it seems to me the only way to be able to have this many new, is if they are bought from outlets for the sole purpose of selling for a profit on eBay. If this is the case I though Mulberry didn't allow this?

I have posted a link below of one item just to see what people think:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mulberry-...871221?hash=item440c85cbf5:g:5d8AAOSwm3ZZtWz1

I was looking at this purse but no way I would pay this price whenI could buy myself from an outlet for much less.

Especially when the outlets currently have a private sale this week with an extra 20% off. Though not sure how/ when the Mulberry store honours it ref their terms and conditions?

The eBay seller might also be off to the Mulberry sample sale this week. Not sure how Mulberry stops this kind of selling?

Well at the prices they are trying to sell for I'd be amazed if anyone actually buys anything. It's shocking though and looks like they are selling other designer stuff from outlets as well/

Trouble is ladies this will never stop as Mulberry now don’t post out. When hubby took me to Bicester I brought a cara and they had all my details( I have never been there before) from previous purchases either from the website,York or when we were in London so why can’t they if it’s quite clear they have my details? I would be happy to register one card and only use that if it made life easier.

Hi, I have noticed several items on Ebay the week after a sample sale, that were obviously bought there.
I guess its like all things, if someone can buy and make money on it.
Only annoyance is when something sells out to a reseller and a genuine buyer wanted it.

I looked at that seller you linked and I don't understand why they have so many items priced at the same full price as on mulberry.com, especially as some are current stock? Just seems ridiculous! I completely agree that this type of reselling shouldn't be allowed!

This has been happening for many years, not just from the Outlets but in the Sale also. There is nothing to stop any entrepreneurs buying and re-selling on EBay...........Mulberry or EBay don't stop this. Sellers also take advantages of the discounts given at the airport, even sale items are reduced a further 20% great if you can get them...........

The sale /outlet discounts aren't what they used to be but it still goes on. I always thought it was bad that you could buy several of the same item in the sales, it's fairly obvious that they aren't just for you It's first come first served and customers re-selling on EBay spoil it for all the genuine customers that have missed out on a bargain that they would have loved and used :cursing: we can't all afford full price Mulbs

Reactions: *Twinkle Pink*
I noticed this a lot at the sample sale- people had arms full of bags. Some were quite reasonably priced, I bought a midnight maple for example for £350. They also had large kites for £195 I think, albeit only nude was left or I might have forgone my mulberry shoes for the karki one. I completely agree it is wrong, but what can Mulberry do?

Noticing a lot more of this at the moment. An outlet near me had some Jamie bags on sale for a little bit. They're back up to the full price (I think it's knock down price though, if that makes sense) and have since seen some on eBay for the orginal price.

I do understand that people buy bags at their full/a higher price and then they can go on sale or are discounted. However, I think it's odd that it's the same type of bag on eBay being listed.