Buying from an overseas seller

Surfercisco

Jan 6, 2013
Ladies and gents- I would sure appreciate your expertise here. What can I expect as far as customs and duties are concerned when buying an LV from Japan and shipping it to the US? I'm buying from a reputable seller who doesn't minimize values on custom declarations. The item was about 250USD. Any feedback would be appreciated!

japan is a nice place to shop
most sellers are kond and helpful
over a certain value (depends on your state)
theres a couple of % tax
for me it's over 300$ goods

Every LV item I've purchased from Japan has gone through customs with no duties...car parts, thats a different story. I see no rhyme or reason on how duty is applied.

Never had to pay any custom or import duties on all of my purchases from Japan. The most I paid was 950 USD for a preloved Stresa PM. The same thing with my purchases from Hong Kong. I think it depends on your state of residence. :biggrin:

I have had a similar experience to the members above....I bought a preloved Eva clutch from Japan for $575 and had it shipped to California. I didn't pay any duties and the value was stated right on the invoice for customs review. It sounds like most people living in the UK always get charged a duty.

I have had a similar experience to the members above....I bought a preloved Eva clutch from Japan for $575 and had it shipped to California. I didn't pay any duties and the value was stated right on the invoice for customs review. It sounds like most people living in the UK always get charged a duty.

Indeed we do but then our import limit (before we are liable for import duties) is £15 GBP (less than 30 USD) and let's face it, there's little you can buy for that amount of money these days, let alone Louis Vuitton! :lol:

Receiving into the US, then you will more than likely get charged if the item is delivered by Fedex but USPS parcels don't seem to incur charges very often at all.