Buying First Kate Spade bag: Three choices - your experience?

Bezz

Oct 24, 2017
What do you think about choosing one of the following styles - which one is classier (and the lightest to carry)?

Cameron Street Mega Lane, in Deep Plum Colour.

Cameron Street Lottie - in Deep Plum Colour

OR

Cameron Street Maise - in Deep Plum Colour??

Would wear and tear be covered by the customer service/refund/return if they do not have any bullets at the base of the bag?

Do any of these have bullets at the bottom to protect the quality of the bag?

All three of those bags have feet on the bottom. I am not a die-hard feet person, since I am careful of putting my bags down, feet or not, but I know some are. They do take some of the wear and tear, but of course then you see the wear and tear on them :smile:

I don't have any experience with Kate Spade for returns or repairs; but I would expect that unless it is a manufacturer defect, rather than a style choice, or regular wear and tear, they won't refund/return. I have read some good things about Kate Spade customer service for warranty issues, though.

I don't have the Mega Lane or Lottie, but I do have a Cedar Street Black and White Floral Maise.

I really like my Maise. Zipper opening was a bit stiff at first but it relaxed with use. It is much roomier inside than it appears (or then the zipper opening would indicate). I prefer to hand carry it but it is also quite comfortable in crossbody. It is lightweight. Design is very cute. Only think I would change is that I wish the handles dropped down; they don't bother me but I don't think it looks as good. I think the ones on the Cameron Street DO drop down though? I do know some do find the opening compared to compartment size a bit frustrating (I find it okay as I don't particularly need to put any larger items in it). I also know some experience "scraping" their hand on opening (I also have not had this issue). It is a nice minimalist-style bag.

The side pockets on the Lottie would be very handy; I am a fan of exterior pockets, even just to slip in phone or keys without having to open up or fumble in main compartment. For the Maise (or Mega Lane), you don't have any exterior pockets.

The Mega Lane is more of a doctor style bag, so a different look, but it looks like it has a more generous opening.

If I was trying to choose between the three, I would probably lean towards the Lottie. Mostly because of the exterior pockets, and I think it would be a bag that can transition well between casual and work.

Hi RayKay,

Thank you very much for such a thorough review of the KS models.

My main concern at the moment is the weight of each of the bags, and whether the cheap plastic edge lining is worth an investment of a KS bag.

Any thoughts?