Buyer wants to return bag after 30 days?

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I sold a bag on ebay on May 30th. I had it listed for $1299. and this buyer offered $1000. shipped. (this bag was a little over $4000. new and it has no wear at all) I had to remove some of my buyer requirements (like selling to buyers with claims) to sell to this person...big mistake. Well she does sell and buy a lot...mostly Chanel and has good feedback.
I notice almost immediately she relists it using my pictures and exact listing for $1499 (or so). Well, ok...she just wanted to make some money. Also, she does not leave me feedback...long story short, she now has it listed for $899 and since it has not sold she is not happy.

She has now sent me an email saying she got it last week (lie) was out of town when it arrived (who has been listing it then?) and she does not really like it so will I refund her the money...:nuts: I am expecting a SNAD at any time. Can she do this if she has tried to sell it using my exact words???

^^ What a ridiculous excuse for a buyer. 30 days later? Now that she cant sell it?
Have you responded to her at all? She only has a few days left, so she will probably file on any day now.The fact that she has been trying to sell it might be something you could use against her if and or when she files a claim. But Im not sure its enough for ebay to settle in your favor. A buyer could drag a sellers bag on the back of their truck for a month, and want to return it, and ebay would still side with them.

I just called ebay and they told me to advise the buyer of my no return policy. They also told me that since she is abusing ebay policy by using my pictures and listing to resell it, they will probably not find in her favor if she files a claim. They told me to absolutely not refund her. They are submitting a listing violation for her using my pics. I think that she has violated ebay policies before and that is why my buyer requirements stopped her. She told me it was because she bought a bag that was fake and the seller filed a non paying bidder claim.

I have never had anyone file a claim against me...just hoping ebay does the right thing here.

I want to be firm, but polite...what do you say to someone like this?

Ugh, sorry this is happening. After hearing this I know I will never change my buyer requirements.

Unfortunately, all she has to do is file SNAD and probably win. I would like to think that since you have proof she was trying to resell it, that ebay would find in your favor. But somehow I doubt it. They just want to please the buyers. Sorry, I wish I had better comments for you, I really do.

I just called ebay and they told me to advise the buyer of my no return policy. They also told me that since she is abusing ebay policy by using my pictures and listing to resell it, they will probably not find in her favor if she files a claim. They told me to absolutely not refund her. They are submitting a listing violation for her using my pics. I think that she has violated ebay policies before and that is why my buyer requirements stopped her. She told me it was because she bought a bag that was fake and the seller filed a non paying bidder claim.

I have never had anyone file a claim against me...just hoping ebay does the right thing here.

I want to be firm, but polite...what do you say to someone like this?

Well this is good news.....but if she paid with a CC through paypal she can still do a charge bac[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]k, just please be aware of this.

I would respond to her
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]keeping it short and sweet.....saying you have a no return policy. I would not mention that you spo[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ke with ebay and what they said. Just politely tell her no refunds. [/FONT]

would politely reinforce your no return policy.. this buyer may indeed do a chargeback..

perhaps ebay might stand behind you under these circumstances that you have

described.. but wouldn't count on it sadly speaking...

I disagree with not telling her you spoke to eBay. I would. I would not give her a chance to file a claim before telling her the following: that I'm surprised at the request 30-days after the sale...that I do not accept returns and that's clearly stated in my listings, as required by eBay...so I called eBay...they said to remind her of my no-return policy, not accept a return, and informed me she violated eBay rules and abused her account by using my photos...as result, eBay would not rule in her favor if she filed a bogus claim...and I would advice her not to give up trying to sell it...suggest Bonanzle.

Then I would make sure that my PayFoe balance is at zero, that a formal report has been filed about her breaking eBay rules with the photos (which apparently it already has), and also report her for going against eBay-required return policies by trying to return a non-returnable item with no valid claim, simply because she hasn't been able to resell it. If you already told eBay, then call PayFoe and tell them that you're concerned this buyer has abused Buyer Protection in the past and is getting ready to do it again with you for no valid reason.

This seller/buyer knows how the game is played.. think she is being unfair

about the return.. if ebay files a listing violation against her.. this still does

stop her from doing a cc chargeback.. that is the bigger picture...

This seller/buyer knows how the game is played.. think she is being unfair

about the return.. if ebay files a listing violation against her.. this still does

stop her from doing a cc chargeback.. that is the bigger picture...

Yep, this buyer knows how to work it. I would not reveal my hand to this person. I wouldn't fuel their fire. If this person is bent on a refund, she'll get it (if she paid by CC).

We all know the drill with eBay and PP, and anyone can do a chargeback but not everyone does. The prospect of a chargeback and/or of losing some claim would not deter me from fighting someone who's trying to screw me.

I agree karmenzsofia, it would not stop me either. I am all about being proactive. I hate the fact that people can buy on ebay and do a charge back for no good reason.

We all know the drill with eBay and PP, and anyone can do a chargeback but not everyone does. The prospect of a chargeback and/or of losing some claim would not deter me from fighting someone who's trying to screw me.

This seller sounds like she is trying to be "proactive" about this
buyer. This seller can only reinforce that all items are "final sale"
and she can only reinterate that so many times.. the buyer using
the seller's pics and info is a violation of ebay policy.. and seller can
write til she is blue in the face.. at the end of the day this buyer
will do what is good for her and more likely than not she will file a
chargeback with her cc because she knows she can..and their is
an "emotional price" that this seller will endure with all of this going back
and forth..do think that the seller should stand firm but how firm can
you stand when you are up against a credit card company that is bigger
than most of us??

Ugh. People are getting more ridiculous by the day. i agree with Karmen.

Also save her listing # where she stole your pictured in case you need to referance it later.

If she files a SNAD I would state in the answer that she obviously got it on time becuase she listed it X date. In addition she stole your pictures, and it has been listed for X amount of time. I would then put see listing ####. lastly she has lowered the price so she must be having a hard time selling it, and now wants to return it because of that.

Good luck.